Monday, June 17, 2013

Oh. Hey baby.

I mean, it is clearly obvious which outfits I like wearing the most. 
Also, it is clearly obvious the days I go to work and church and wear make-up as opposed to the days I'm lucky to function enough to put on something other than Popeye's oversized undershirts.
I am feeling big and slow these days.
And super emotional but I can't event talk about it or I'll start crying again for the millionth time.
I'm so incredibly giddy to meet this baby and be done with being pregnant and uncomfortable.
And I am so incredibly not ready to bring home a baby and be done being pregnant with a big 'ol belly of baby.

This has been a sweet time, just me and this little one.
My heart is broken thinking that I'll most likely never get to do this again.
And although I am trying not to dwell on that too much, it helps me to avoid thinking about the other stuff.  
Like the swollen cankles.
And the fact that I still throw up at least once or twice a week.
How much it hurts to turn too quickly or sit up or roll over.
How much it hurts to see the ever-growing number on the scale.
That I have nowhere to put this sweet thing and thus have no motivation to clean or nest or put my home together.
And that I no longer see much below my belly.
Although I do have toes.  It feels good to still have toes.

Little mister or miss, we are so overwhelmed with emotions and the thought that your arrival is less than two months away.
Your daddy says almost daily, "Can't the baby just come now?!  Wouldn't today be a good day for the baby to come??"
And I remind him no, no.  You are safe where you are.  Safe and sound and growing plumper by the day.
And even though my arms are aching to hold you and meet you and know your sweet face and name, I know that all too soon this precious time will come to an end.
So stay tight in there, little one.
For at least a good 27 more days.
Or 44 days, according to Papa2 (he would hate for you to be born just before the soccer age cut-off).
We are simply dying with the anticipation of meeting you.
But your mama selfishly wants a bit more time of just you and her alone.



2 comments:

  1. i love how you dress!

    and it would be so cool if you got to do this again and again:) your belly is so dang cute and you are such a great mama! what an awesome blessing this one is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's not even fair that your arms haven't grown at all, and your hair is still all glossy and pretty and you still look all slim with just a little basketball belly. Why didn't that happen for me? Also..I'm hoping for a girl, because I am just DYING to see how you would decorate for a girl and the baby blankets that would come from Davie and Lorie

    www.misguidedmommy.com

    ReplyDelete