Sunday, June 16, 2013

My loves.

These two.
Like two peas-in-a-pod.
"When will Daddy be home??"
I hear it a million times a day.
Completely smitten with his father, this boy of mine.
Begging to see him.  
Play with him.  
Cuddle and smother and cover him with kisses and love.

He has big plans for their summer.
The beach.
Then Legoland.
And lots of time at the pool.
In the fall they are going to help each other take care of the baby while mommy is at work.
Daddy can change the diapers, Swee'Pea will do the feedings.
Apparently they will be just fine without 'ol mama in the way.

I couldn't have asked for a better partner to parent with.
He is patient when I am not.
Stern when I give in.
Fun when I am tired and worn out and ready for a break.
He is more than I could have ever envisioned.
Hands on.
Kind.
A leader and a teacher.

He rarely says "no" to the pleas of his biggest admirerer.
And lets him tag along on errands and outings of all kinds.
I have loved seeing their relationship grow.
I have loved the fact that they get days together just the two of them while I'm at work.
I have loved seeing their bond change and transform over the past several years.
And I have loved seeing the sweet adoration each one has for each other.

I can't wait for this new little one to meet his or her incredible daddy.
How lucky my children are to have such an amazing dad!
I had always imagined what my future would be like with my future husband.
Popeye in no way fits that mold... he has broken it, a million times over.
God gave me the husband he knew I needed.
God gave me the son he knew I needed.
In his graciousness, God gave me the baby he knew we all needed.

I am so very, very thankful for my two men on this day.
For my husband.  Who is incredible in so very many ways.
For my son.  Who made us both into better people without even realizing it.

Happy Father's Day, my love.
Happy Father's Day.

thank you, sister dearest, for this sweet picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment