Thursday, June 13, 2013

The sweetest week.

We spent last week in Utah.
I checked out of my classroom at 9:00 and by 11:00 we were pulling out of the driveway.
One little pit stop to take our favorite Mama2 some birthday treats at work and then we were on the road.
We drove and we drove.
California... Nevada... Arizona... Utah...
The states whirred by in a sea of Michael Jackson albums and frequent pit stops.
Because, you know, I am eight months pregnant and have to pee and also because sometimes you just go crazy being in the car for that long.
We finally made it and got unloaded and tucked into bed before midnight.
The temperature gauge on our car said it was somewhere in the 30's when we arrived.
Heaven.
We spent the next eight days doing everything and nothing all at the same time.
Sleeping.  Hiking.  Biking. 
And a whole lot of hockey watching.
We ate lots of yummy food.
And played a bajillion rounds of Mario Party 8 on the Wii.
We had fires every night to roast our marshmallows.
And did not feel one bit guilty that we spent entire days lazying around on the couch.
It was perfect.
The sweetest week.
The most wonderful last vacation with just my two favorite guys.
And after nine days and 1,700 miles we made it home.
Back to heat and work and the realization that we are going to be a family of four soon.
And I am so, so thankful.
For the gift that was this last getaway.
I could not have planned or hoped or dreamed of anything more wonderful.























4 comments:

  1. These pictures and views are amazing!!!

    Someday I hope to get to Utah, and I hope it's a trip just like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks dreamy! So glad you got to enjoy that last hurrah before the wee one arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FUN! you are lookin' so great with that cute belly of yours! such great memories :) we're roadtrippin' to idaho in a few wks. i'm sceeeeered. eden is a game changer for us all! haha! snort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm swooning over these pictures! gotta frame them!

    ReplyDelete