I am now 29 weeks and 3 days pregnant.
Holy cow.
This pregnancy is moving along at both a snails pace and at break neck speed...
Some days it feels like it has dragged by and we will never get to meet our baby.
Some days it feels so close I panic realizing how unprepared we are for a little one to enter our home.
And almost every day I cry because I am so gosh darn in love with this little person growing inside of me.
I am feeling decently well.
Huge. But healthy.
The spurts of hot weather we have had on-and-off the past month have not been pleasant.
And my cankles were less-than-happy after a week of being on my feet non-step for State testing.
But I am trying to be more active than I was with Swee'Pea.
Walking and moving and only sitting still when I collapse onto my bed each night around 10 o'clock.
Or 7 o'clock, when I make the unfortunate mistake of sitting down for "just a minute" and then passing out with a bowl of dried off-brand Fruit Loops still in my hands.
But I continue to enjoy this pregnancy.
And I cling to every tiny kick and flutter and movement I feel.
Knowing how lucky I am that I get to experience this sweetness a second time.
Knowing how close we came to never having a second child.
Knowing that this very well could be my last pregnancy.
And knowing that never again will I be as close to this baby as I am during this intimate moments when it is just me and him or her.
Everyone keeps asking me if I am enjoying this pregnancy.
If I'm ready.
If I want a boy.
If I want a girl.
If I'm excited.
If I'm scared.
And the answer to all of it is "yes."
Yes.
Yes, I am enjoying this pregnancy... barfing, shots, aches, sub par bladder control and all.
Yes, I am ready to meet this little one... to put a name and a face to the sweet baby I'm already infatuated with.
Yes, I want another boy... a brother for my Swee'Pea, a little mister who I envision will be as silly as his daddy to balance out the seriousness of brother and mama. I cannot express enough how much I love being a boy mama.
Yes, I want a precious girl... a little sister that will let me cover her in finger nail polish and hair bows and a lifetime of glitter and kisses.
Yes, I am excited... to become a family of four. To watch my husband become a father again. To feel a newborn in my arms after such a terribly long wait.
Yes, I am scared... of what could still go wrong in these next 10 1/2 weeks. Of the moments when I don't feel the baby move for 12, 15, 18 hours or more. Of the labor and delivery and the "what if's?!" that creep into my mind in the stillness of the night.
Our house may not be ready for this little one's arrival, but our hearts have been ready for years and years. I cannot believe that we are getting so close to finally meeting the little boy or girl that has captured my heart more strongly than I ever thought possible. The thought makes me giggle and cry all at the same time.
I am so, so in love with you baby.
I am so terribly in love with every single bit of you.




sooooooo close! i can taste the malibu for you!
ReplyDeleteno i really can, though.
How exciting! I love really love how you have shown all of your emotions through this pregnancy. Infertility changes people and sometimes I feel like people try to hide that after they finally get pregnant. But you haven't, and I admire that. I'm very excited for you and your family. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteI too love how excited you are! It was always thrilling/terrifying for me too!
ReplyDelete