Monday, April 29, 2013

Just some stuff.

 1.  I get hungry around 10pm almost every night.  Usually I drink a glass of orange juice or have a frozen fruit bar in bed since I have such a sweet tooth this pregnancy, but the other night I needed a tuna fish sandwich.  Like, needed needed.  So I made a gigantor sandwich and pulled up the covers and turned on Seinfeld.  I was quite pleased.  Popeye was not.  He made me Fabreeze the whole room.  I don't understand what the big deal was.
2.  We have family dinner every Sunday night.  For the past month or so we have been BBQing or making sandwiches out at our neighborhood pool/park area and then hanging out in the "hot spa" as Swee'Pea refers to it.  Occasionally the kids will get brave and run and jump in the freezing big pool before coming back to warm up.  They are cray cray.
3. This random set of goggles came home with us after one such family pool night.  Swee'Pea asked all his cousins and no one has claimed them.  One day I came home and he had made this sign all by himself.  I had to have him translate its meaning.  Somehow "it" (the goggles) got to him.  They were lost, but no one has claimed them so now they are for sale.  Yes, they can be purchased.  He said "people shouldn't leave things out... if they don't want them to be sold, they should put them away."  Hahaha.  I'll remember that next time he leaves out all his toys....
4.  Swee'Pea drew "Wreck it Ralph" last week.  I feel like that is obvious.  
5.  My great-grandma Lois celebrated her 95th birthday a few weeks ago with a raging party.  There were lots of bad jokes, stories, and of course, cake.  My great grandma is an incredible woman who raised eight children (six of which were boys, I might add), and is still kickin' and rockin' the retirement home.  Pictured here is me (and the bump!), Grandma Linda, Great Grandma Lois, and my mama.  Four (almost five) generations.  I feel so blessed to have a seriously incredibly awesome group of women in my life!

6. I recently realized that Popeye and I had not be alone on a date or to dinner since March.  Of 2012.  Three weeks ago we had to get a sitter so we could go to a wedding, and it was heavenly.  The next weekend we went on a hot date to Popeye's favorite Basque restaurant in town.  We ate lots of tongue, I drooled all over myself staring at his frothy beer, and afterwards we went van shopping.  Because we know how to party.  Then I made him drive me downtown for my favorite ice cream. And he did it even though he doesn't really like ice cream.  I repaid his true love and romanticism by falling asleep in one of his old shirts by 10 pm.  It was the most exciting night I've had in ages.
7.  It is that time of year.  My desk looks like this all the time.  It is chaos.  Paperwork out the wazoo.  Trying to finish out the school year and get things ready for the next.  Also, I'm busy making sub plans for the short but sweet maternity leave in the fall.  So that is exciting and makes me want to dance on my table.  Although I won't.  Because I can't even lift my legs high enough to climb up there.
8.  Dear Summer.  
You came to early.  
Let's return to the mid-70's.  
It is really irritating when my Sonic Happy Hour slushy isn't even slushy because of the heat.  
Rude.  
Sincerely, 
a disgruntled sweaty pregnant lady.



1 comment:

  1. you are too funny. i can't believe you ate tongue. AND THEN TOOK A PICTURE. i might go ralph now. :P

    ReplyDelete