Wednesday, September 4, 2013

sugar cubes.

The past few weeks we have had a BLAST joining my sister-in-law's kids for homeschooling.  We are both working out of this book for history, so it is fun to get the kids together to do projects.  Last week we read about Egyptian pyramids, and all about the intricate passageways and secret rooms the Pharaohs designed to prevent grave robbers from stealing from their tombs.  After our lesson I worked with the kids to build sugar cube pyramids.  This made me laugh and brought me back to the days of building sugar cube missions in 4th grade (which they now make kits for... blasphemous!).  I actually had to call three stores before I could get my hands on sugar cubes... apparently they are super vintage and I am the only one in the city who actually needs  boxes of them.  The kids had a great time.  Although I think a few of them were a little disappointed that they didn't actually get to EAT their glue covered sugar cubes in the end.  Don't worry, I was a good auntie and mommy and let them eat a cube before we were done.









No comments:

Post a Comment