Lucy girl.
This was both the best and the hardest week with you.
We've had some breakthroughs and some tough realizations but I've been a hermit for several days and I think it has really payed off in helping us fall into a routine.
Here is what I've learned:
You like consistency.
You like routine.
You are very scheduled... on your own terms.
You are easy going as long as you get what you want.
Hmmmm. Not like your mama at all now are you, girlfriend.
I know for sure that me having dairy makes you freak out.
I still haven't decided if that delicious Magnum bar was worth a full day of screaming or not.
When you are up in the morning you. are. up.
No laying in bed and cuddling with mama for a few extra minutes.
You want change. A new room. Something else to look at.
You like being swaddled tightly and rocked swiftly and laid in your crib with the sound machine BLARING.
Speaking of cribs, your daddy made you the sweetest little nursery nook this past week.
He sweated and worked and slaved for three days refinishing furniture.
He even took us to Ikea. So you know he must love you oodles.
It has been nice having a little separation from you.
You remain in our room but not directly next to my bed which means I don't wake up with every groan and grunt that you make.
Which you make a LOT of. You are an incredibly loud sleeper, Lucy Lou.
You eat every two hours on the dot.
Unless you decide to sleep longer.
Which never happens at night. Why or why can't you sleep longer at night?!
But that boob better be there when you wake up OR ELSE.
You hate bottles.
And pacifiers.
And pretty much anything but mama right now.
BUT.
Your sweet cousins and auntie watched you for a few hours so I could get my hair cut.
And they said you did great!
But I missed you.
So, so much.
And I decided we shouldn't be separated for more than a moment ever again, m'kay?
You're a doll and I spend most of my time holding you because I just feel better with you in my arms.
I love you so much, baby girl.
You are growing like a weed and I just need you to stop for a moment.
Just stay little. Just stay little forever.
Mama




Oh goodness this post made me teary. Exhausting but glorious season. She is truly a BEAUTIFUL baby!!
ReplyDelete