Friday, September 13, 2013

Lucy Kate... Week Six

Lucy Girl.

Your mama has officially become a hermit.
And it is kind of nice.
I'm learning a lot about you.
About what you need.
About what we need.
A morning walk.
Quiet, unrushed nursing sessions.
Cuddles and rocking.
Lots and lots of rocking.

I spent a whole week cooped up before I was almost ready to burst and decided to run a few errands.
A rude lady in JoAnns made me feel about one inch tall when she made a comment about my parenting and as I cried in the van on the way home I realized I didn't want to be out in the heat dragging you around when you don't feel well.
I want to be home with you, little one.
Rocking and cuddling and nursing as much as you want.
As much as you need.

So we are keeping up this hermit lifestyle for awhile longer.
Learning to ask for help when needed.
Greeting the grocery delivery man with a smile and gladly writing a check to the cleaning lady once a month.
Because right now my investment is not in errands and organizing and proving that I can handle the world and a colicky newborn.
My investment is in you.
Sweet and wonderful you.

I hope you feel better soon.
Because you sure are breaking my heart, baby girl.
I just really hope you feel better soon.

Love,
Mama

Brother looooooves baby sis.
 
Mad doggin' her mama.
 She loves her car seat.  She loves long, quiet drives.
 Swoon.
 Attempting to smile at me...
 ...and then changes her mind.
 She clings to me.  I kind of love it.
I love every single bit of her.  Especially her sad little puppy dog cheeks.
One of her favorite places to snooze.

3 comments:

  1. Poor you and poor baby girl! So tough to see them struggling and not be able to fix it! I still haven't met miss Lucy, and I have a gift for you! One day, maybe I can crash your hermitting party, bring you some food (to lighten your load) and your gift??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.Gosh, baby girl looks SO much like Sam in the 2nd to last pic. Can't even handle all of the cuteness. And lady, nothing all that interesting or important is happening outside your door. So just soak up that sweet baby time while you have it. And gimme the name of that nasty woman at JoAnn's and I'll take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that lady was so rude, i wish people would learn to be kind or be quiet =( you are doing a great job being a hermit is great i have been one for years haha!!!

    ReplyDelete