Lucille.
I find it somewhat rude of you to grow older.
I keep telling you to stay little and yet every day you grow and grow.
Gahhhh. Killing me, baby girl.
I feel like we will be shopping for prom dresses in the blink of an eye!
It was a hard week around here.
Your tummy just does. not. feel. good.
I'm pooped.
And Monday I totally lost it.
I lost it with your brother.
I lost it with your daddy.
I lost it at the doctor's office.
The bad news is, I was a hot mess.
The good news is, I have another month to stay with you at home, so... yeah!
My heart breaks for you, Lucy girl.
You cry and scream and claw at me in pain.
But we are working on it.
Through tears and prayers and the swearing off of dairy.
And by many many MANY irate phone calls to the insurance company and a tiny overpriced bottle of medication.
We will get through this.
We are going to make it.
I'm thankful for you.
I'm thankful for this little family of ours.
And I'm thankful for God's grace in helping me to see joy and sweetness even in the hardest of hard days.
You are my favorite little girl in the whole wide world.
I love you.
Mama
Daddy picked out this whole outfit and bought it the day Lucy girl came home from the hospital. She looks all kinds of big girl wearing it.
Basically this is how you will find me at any given moment on any given day. Just looking at this picture makes me ache for her. I think I will go pick her up and snuggle her right this very second.
We like to snuggle. I repeat. We like to snuggle.
Sometimes I put her in bigger clothes just to make her appear smaller. Totally logical.
Sometimes I put her in bigger clothes just to make her appear smaller. Totally logical.
Excuse the mad dog. I assure you, this is one of her favorite parts of the day.




hang in there mommy you are doing a great job!!!
ReplyDelete(My sentiments, exactly, Raquel!)
ReplyDeleteJust took a time out from crazy packing, sorting, selling, bridal-shower throwing to make my way through your blog and catch up with your precious family. I will never forget you trekking out to SLO to come to my goodbye party at 2-weeks post-partum, L'il gal in tow. Each baby is so different and your heart is being changed by the unique challenges that this precious girl brings. God bless you as you conform to His will through this child. Love you! xoxo