Lucy Girl.
All I can say for this week is Praise. The. Lord.
After weeks of battling with the insurance company we finally were able to start you on some medication for your acid reflux.
Within three days you started showing signs of improvement.
By week's end you were a whole new person.
Baby girl.
I love you so.
These first several weeks have been TOUGH.
And as much as I don't ever want to relive them again, they are just another part of our story.
And another demonstration of God's grace to me.
He has seen me through the darkest of days both in waiting for you and in surviving upon your arrival.
And I am overwhelmed by his graciousness yet again in finding something to help you feel better.
It has been such a joy this week to see a happy girl emerge from what was once a screaming miserable little person.
Daily you are becoming more content. More comfortable. More of a pure delight to be around.
No day is perfect. And night time still isn't your favorite.
But the coos and smiles we are starting to get from you are proof that you are on the mend.
It has been hairy over here for awhile, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I feel relief.
I feel like I can breathe.
You are becoming an ooey gooey deliciously adorable baby.
And I am so deliriously happy that you are my girl.
I love you, little one.
P.S. I finally had time to get my eyebrows threaded this week. I think we can all say an Amen to that.
P.P.S. I also wore make-up once this week but of course I didn't get a picture of myself that day.
P.P.S.S. Daddy never wants to take pictures of us together. So I have to take obnoxiously horrifying selfies with my phone and they are dreadful. But I'd like at least SOME proof that I was in fact present in your life during your infancy.
P.P.P.S.S. You are a doll. Have I mentioned that lately?
P.P.P.S.S.S. Stay little forever. I love you.
Mama




Yay for reflux meds! And super Yay for cute baby pics! She is adorable, and so are you. xoxo
ReplyDelete