Lucy Girl.
Things have been kind of crazy and hectic over here.
And you are baby that likes to be held a lot, so that is just what I've been spending my time doing.
Week nine brought a lot of tears, both from you and from me.
I would say without a doubt it was the hardest week for me as your mama.
A week of a lot of frustration. Exhaustion. And some hard realizations.
But we made it through.
And I spoke with some people and got a lot off my chest.
And I let go of some expectations that I had for myself and that I felt from others.
And guess what?
Week ten was so much brighter.
You smiled. You cooed.
You slept through the night.
Week eleven was even better.
So many wide-mouth grins.
Reacting to the faces and voices around you.
Squealing with glee when I lay you on your play mat in the morning.
This past week I yet again had a lot of tears.
But this week, they were tears of joy.
Quiet tears while we rocked for hours and hours in our rooms.
Tears dripping off my nose and landing on your sweet cheeks as you slept on my chest.
You are my dream come true.
And I'm ridiculously insanely completely smitten with you.
Here are some pictures of the past few weeks... all mixed-up and in no particular order!




No comments:
Post a Comment