Dear Lucy Girl.
You are one whole week old.
Excuse me while I go sob in the shower for a bit over that.
I hardly have the words to describe how incredibly in love with you I am.
You were the sweetest surprise to this little family of three, and you have captured each of our hearts.
Hardly a moment goes by that you are put down in your cradle.
Even at night I can hardly stand to put you down, even if it means being up all night just to stare at your sweet, perfectly pouty lips.
Your daddy is totally enraptured by you.
Within hours of being home from the hospital he was cruising the racks of the baby store, filling his arms with as many dresses and polka dot leggings and bows as he could carry.
A bow. You are always in a bow. And I love it.
In my heart I always wanted a daughter, but I am still in disbelief that you are here.
Sweet baby girl, you were worth every ounce of pain and loss and waiting.
Jesus knew His plans for this family all along.
I am so thankful that those plans included you.
Stay little forever.
I love you.
Mama




she's amazing! so happy for ya'll!
ReplyDeleteI love that you had a girl! She is so precious and I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteI am so increadibly happy for you, popeye, and Sweet Pea... what a beautiful blessing from above. You words to her are extremely touching and meaningful. You deserve this miracle and I'm just so overjoyed for you. Congratulations, she is simply perfect
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the name Lucy! She's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, she is beautiful! Love her mouth in the first pic, love the one on Daddy, love her smiling in her sleep, love the one with big brother holding her. And your words are so sweet. God bless you all!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteohhhhhh she is PERFECTION! her wittle button nose. and cute tiny round head with perfect hair. I LOVE HER!!!
ReplyDelete