Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lucy Kate... Week Two

Lucy Girl.

Two weeks old.
It is flying by way too quickly for this mama's liking.
You had a big week this week.
First dress.
First trip to Walmart.
First walk to the park.
First visit to San Luis Obispo.
You slept or ate through most of these events but still, exciting stuff.

You are pretty easy going as long as you are given what you want at the exact moment you want it.
i.e. Mommy.
All the time.
I secretly love that you are my #1 fan but I'm a little worried for grandma and daddy once I go back to work.
You still refuse a bottle and only take a pacifier for about 23 seconds every few days.
But we are working on it.

Girlfriend.
I need to tell you.
This party-girl lifestyle just isn't cutting it for me anymore.
Sleeping all day long and up all night wanting to drink, drink, drink.
I think it is time for an intervention.
Mommy and brother thrive on schedules and I'm hoping you do to.
Although you might be a night owl like your daddy...
Lordy, I might be in for it with you, girly girl.

We are all obsessed with you.
O B S E S S E D.
We still change your adorable little outfits all the time.
And daddy can't leave a store without getting a little something each time for his girl.
My neck hurts from staring down at your sweet features as you rest in my arms or nurse.
You are a delight.
A true gift to this family.
And we love you so.
I am so thankful for you, Sweet Lucy Girl.

Mama


1 comment:

  1. OMG, she is beautiful and just perfect. I love all the pictures, but my favorite is the one of Sweet Pea holding her in his dress up clothes :) What a special bond they are going to have. I hope little Lucy adapts to some sort of schedule soon so that you can get some much needed rest. :)

    ReplyDelete