Random bits of our summer in absolutely no particular order...
I'm obsessed with completely random food lately. Like Hawaiian Haystacks, which I've hated for the past 7 1/2 years of our marriage and now can't seem to get enough of. I grew up calling this "Turkey ala King" and it was my favorite meal in the school cafeteria. It is kind of gross to describe what it is made of but it is delicious and the perfect way to use up a rotisserie chicken so there you go.
My child is completely obsessed with his father and I'm like a 3rd wheel around here lately. Also. He has learned the art of selfies on his littler camera we gave him so that is cool.
He earned this snorkel gear for being such a good boy the nine days and 1,700 miles of traveling on our Utah trip. He has become quite the fish swimming all over our pool with his adorable goggles on.
Aaaaaaand then there is me. Beached whale. Floating around while kids swim merrily in the wakes of my waves. I have no shame. It is 100 million billion degrees outside and I'm living at this pool until I give birth.
My cart at Babies R Us. My husband basically had to get my butt in gear to get to me to start shopping for this baby. I spent way too much money this day but finally got all the fun nursing and bathing supplies I needed as well as a few cute girl things. You know... just in case. I spent last week cleaning out the garage and going through boxes of baby stuff and washing and folding the cutest little onesies that our Swee'Pea wore when he was a wee one. I may or may not have cried over a few of the sweetest ones. Having a baby is just so gosh darn wonderful I can't even stand it.
Last week I spent over $100 on fruit and meat at Costco. Ribs and tri-tip and peaches, oh my! I love fruit and I finally can stand eating (some) meats again. I actually had to go back to the store a few days later for more fruit. I'm addicted.
We had our church VBS the last week of June and yet it again it was a wonderful week. I lead crafts with my sister-in-law and a good friend. We have three rooms of crafts going on at once and I'm so thankful this year for the two awesome helpers I had in my room. Nearly 700 kids come through our rooms each day and it is exhausting. I had a doctor's appointment after my second day of camp and (shocker!) I was sent for an NST and an ultrasound because of all the pain and contractions I was experiencing. The next two days I led crafts from my cool teacher's chair and by Friday I was so spent we just sat out at the pool for literally the majority of the day. I'm pooped but really glad I decided to do it again. I just love our VBS program!
My brother recently moved into a house with some property and has acquired quite the little collection of animals. Among them are a 160+ quail, a llama named Timmy, and these two precious baby goats named Walker and Texas Ranger. He regularly sends my mom and I videos of his animals and it cracks me up that he treats them like his babies. Timmy the llama can frequently be seen photo-bombing in all the pictures which is hilarious, and I can't wait until it cools down before 100,000 catrillion degrees so I can take Swee'Pea out there to collect eggs and feed the animals.
This big boy has now lost TWO teeth and already has one growing in. He is as proud as a peacock and I'd rather not talk about it because, seriously, who is this adult child and where did he come from??
This summer has been a blast hanging out with friends and cousins on an almost-daily basis. This summer has not been fun in that we've been creating lots and lots of messes. Blergh.
I've stayed up way too late on way too many nights working on my scrapbooks. I finally finished and published 2010 and am nearly done with 2011 and 2012. I have not done anything from 2007-2009 and sadly we have almost no pictures from dating and engagement and our first year of marriage until I got pregnant with Sam. So who knows if there will be any books from 2003-2006. But. BUT. I finished one year. And it is beautiful and amazing and I love that I was able to record all our memories and randomness into one sweet little book.
The 3rd is the new 4th, if you didn't get the memo. And we happily celebrated it with some dear friends at their annual 3rd of July BBQ bash. It is crazy that the first year they had this, Swee'Pea was the only kid and now there are a whole slew of children with three more on the way! So happy to have this tradition can't wait for many more years of celebrating with friends.
Swee'Pea with his buddy Henry at the 3rd of July bash. I don't know what is wrong with my child or why he is wearing that outfit. I am sweating just looking at him.
That pretty much summarizes our June and the first few days of July. How have everyone else's summers been so far??




I'm sweating just looking at that pic of Sweet Pea!!! lol
ReplyDelete