Monday, April 1, 2013

Our spring break.

My goal for spring break this year was to have no goal.  To focus less on the chores and the unfinished projects and the endless lists of things to get done and instead focus on having fun with my little man.  I didn't want to be so busy that I looked back on the week and thought, "Man... I'm exhausted.  I need another vacation just to recuperate!"  But I also didn't want to waste the week laying around in our pajamas all day (because that is what summer is for, right?!?).  

I think we had the perfect mix of fun and relaxation.  We got lots of cleaning done around the house, spent a few days out of town, and plugged the coffee pot back in after a 5-month hiatus.

We went to Disneyland.
Enjoyed a father-son baseball game and BBQ.
Hung out at the Avila Valley Barn and beach with all 10 (!!!) cousins.
Visited the Fresno Zoo with good friends.
Colored Easter eggs.
Had spontaneous trips for ice-cream at 9:30 at night.
Caught up on school (and even worked ahead!).
Had a family baseball game.
And spent a beautiful weekend celebrating Christ's death and resurrection.
Because isn't that what Easter truly is all about?

We are so thankful for our sweet Jesus.
An ordinary man who came to this Earth to do extraordinary things.
Who walked a perfect life in an imperfect world.
And was murdered on the cross so you and I would not have to suffer 
the severest of penalties for our choices and sins.

It was a pretty good week.
A pretty good week, indeed.





5 comments:

  1. we both blogged today! what an easter break miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring break! Looks like yours was perfect! I miss seeing the Cham clan...all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that you live close to disneyland and make it a point to go. makes my norcal heart happy.

    also, i like that you love Jesus. and that He is the reason for your easter. :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm putting in my prediction now, I think you are having a girl based on these pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete