I feel like I'm finally coming out of the fog of back-to-school.
Stresstember as I not so affectionately refer to it has finally ended and I'm ready for the fun of all to begin.
Work and life are no less busy in the months ahead, but we are starting to get our routines down both at school and at home and that makes me feel happy, settled, and peaceful.
The only thing that could make me happier is if our weather would cooperate and start acting like its fall.
Sigh.
But until then I'll keep sipping my chai tea and wearing my fuzzy mocs and cuddling up under a blanket while the AC blasts at 78 and every fan in the house is pointed directly at my face.
*****
In other news, I headed to the coast this weekend to celebrate the wedding of one of my oldest friends. It was kind of surreal sitting at the ceremony, watching her exchange rings and vow to stay true to a boy she has loved nearly her whole life.
It made me incredibly excited for her. Incredibly happy. And incredibly emotional.
Marriage is such a beautiful and wonderful thing.
I spent the evening laughing and enjoying the company of good friends.
Girls I've known longer than I can remember and who know more about me than I'd like to share.
We laughed and ate and drank wine and conspired on how we could nab the best treats on the dessert table.
I love these girls. These women. These ladies that I've experienced almost every major life event with. From giggly high school girls to wives and mothers our friendships have grown and changed and endured.
I really did hit the jackpot when it comes to the best friend department.
*****
Finally, I've been thinking a lot about October and how I want to make a better effort to be purpoesful in everything I do. I don't want to waste a single second of the day or wish away the busyness of my life. Instead I want to embrace it and make the most of my days, regardless of how crazy or stressful they are. So I decided to set some goals for myself. I figure if I put them out here on the Interwebs I'll feel more accountable to actually follow through with them.
In the 31 days of October, I will...
Cook 20 dinners, 20% of which will be new recipes.
Work-out 20 times.
Give 20 distraction-free and uninterrupted minutes to Jesus daily.
Clean out Swee'Pea and my closets and drawers and get rid of 20 things each.
Avoid spending money 20 days.
Drink 20 oz of water for every one cup of coffee I consume.
It may seem silly.
But sometimes having a list of goals really keeps me going.
Plus having something to check-off is often the highlight of my day.
What are your goals for October?
In the 31 days of October, I will...
Cook 20 dinners, 20% of which will be new recipes.
Work-out 20 times.
Give 20 distraction-free and uninterrupted minutes to Jesus daily.
Clean out Swee'Pea and my closets and drawers and get rid of 20 things each.
Avoid spending money 20 days.
Drink 20 oz of water for every one cup of coffee I consume.
It may seem silly.
But sometimes having a list of goals really keeps me going.
Plus having something to check-off is often the highlight of my day.
What are your goals for October?






i feel like this is quite the commitment.
ReplyDeletebut i also feel like you can do it! :)
the spending money one is HARD. i tried to commit to not spending something like that, and i couldn't do it. I know you can! report back please!
i am proud of your list. i wish i could do it. i may try. ;)
ReplyDeletealso. i love you.
Love you friend! Love our times together. Also, I commend you on the closet clean-out. I so need to do that. I literally have things from high school in there.
ReplyDeletei am going to steal this list idea! thanks for the inspiration
ReplyDelete