I'm going to get real with you people.
Homeschooling is messy.
My home is small.
Sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating.
And I'd like to give the impression that my home is clean and fresh and always smelling of freshly-baked apple pie.
But in reality, during homeschooling time (and often during non-homeschooling times), it is a war zone.
A total disaster.
Books and pencils and papers and crayons spilling from cracks and crevices at every corner of the room.



Please don't judge me.
It gives me hives just looking at it.
I know we are in this home for awhile.
I know that and I am okay with that.
But there are days when I'm overcome with the dreams of a bigger home.
A home with more than two bedrooms.
A home with room to stretch and breathe and paint while still being able to serve dinner on a clean table.
A home with a room made for us.
With a sweet little table.
A colorful wall map.
A desk for mama.
And shelves for books galore.
Homeschooling is messy.
My home is small.
Sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating.
And I'd like to give the impression that my home is clean and fresh and always smelling of freshly-baked apple pie.
But in reality, during homeschooling time (and often during non-homeschooling times), it is a war zone.
A total disaster.
Books and pencils and papers and crayons spilling from cracks and crevices at every corner of the room.



Please don't judge me.
It gives me hives just looking at it.
I know we are in this home for awhile.
I know that and I am okay with that.
But there are days when I'm overcome with the dreams of a bigger home.
A home with more than two bedrooms.
A home with room to stretch and breathe and paint while still being able to serve dinner on a clean table.
A home with a room made for us.
With a sweet little table.
A colorful wall map.
A desk for mama.
And shelves for books galore.
![]() |
| Vintage Schoolhouse Table |
![]() |
| Activity Table
It will happen someday. I know it will.
With patience and saving and waiting for the right one.
But until that day comes I'll keep plugging away in this little space of mine.
Dreaming of the day when I can decorate a sweet little space.
A sweet little space to learn and dream and create.
A sweet little space of my very own.
A sweet little beautiful dream.
|









some days, you just gotta keep it real.
ReplyDeletei still love your house. it's cute, like you!
The thing is though, that I come over often being that we're just a few houses apart and your house IS always clean and DOES always smell like apple pie.
ReplyDeleteYeah, um the homeschool mess gives me gives too! Ha!
ReplyDeleteit's all so cute. buy your sweet heart makes your home a delight and nothing can take the place of that. ever.
ReplyDeletethank you for posting messy pictures!! our "classroom" is a corner of mike's office and it is so claustrophobic and messy feeling all the time and i get easily discouraged by all the amazing pictures i see on homeschool blogs with their chalkboard walls and mass amounts of storage and book shelves!
ReplyDeleteI know you have your comments turned off for your series on your infertility struggle, but I just wanted you to know how encouraged I am by the words you are writing. I feel like you and I have a very similar struggle in the different things we have gone through in this whole process. I have not been able to get pregnant at all, but it's been three and a half years of going through many of the same tests with many of the same diagnoses. I just want to thank you for sharing your heart and your story. T, too, have had to grow and allow God to change my heart...and I've seen the ugliness that was in it, and how wrong my attitude has been towards Him through the whole process. I am looking forward to reading the rest. xoxo
ReplyDelete