We have officially finished our fourth month of homeschooling.
How did that happen???
I can hardly believe we have been at this for that long, plugging away and working and learning along with each other. I look at his finished work and the progress he has made and I get it, I see it, I know the evidence is there. It seems like we were just starting this little school gig and now here we are, months later, finishing workbooks and moving up levels and breezing through skills that were a struggle just weeks ago.
Little brains amaze me.
It has been a busy month. A month of working through hard stuff and practicing easy stuff and drilling, drilling, drilling on our math facts and sights words until they can be done without a second thought. It has been a month of art projects and apple studies and being a brave little boy making friends during Enrichment courses. It has been a month of mama pushing herself when she is tired and would rather rest, holding back when little man has had enough, and using eraser after eraser changing plans to go with the flow rather than the schedule because that is what homeschooling is all about.
And so we move ahead.
Working on blends and endings.
Reading book after book about Johnny Appleseed.
Counting to 100 by 1's, 5's, 10's, and now 2's.
Telling time by the hour and adding with pennies, nickels, and dimes.
Studying mammals (dear Lord, when will we be done with mammals) and the life cycle of apples.
Learning about Jacob and "See-Saw" and how God can change the heart of a trickster.
Studying letters.
Studying seasons.
Studying teeth.
And I'm excited.
So excited.
To see this little boy blossoming before my eyes.
To see him stumbling but trying.
To see him lighting up with the pride of accomplishment.
To see him embracing learning and knowledge and the joy that a good book can bring.
I am excited to see what is in store for us in the next month of school.

















He is adorable and I love that you are doing this. However...is knowing the parts of teeth supposed to be common knowledge? Because I don't.
ReplyDeleteHis knowledge of teeth is becoming a bit ridiculous. He also likes to regularly discuss my fillings and point out, "Hey mom. You've got a cavity in there. I guess you didn't brush or floss."
DeleteSeriously.