Monday, September 24, 2012

Hello Autumn.

Saturday was the first day of Autumn.
We welcomed it with open and still slightly sweaty arms.  
I refused to let the heat get me down on Saturday.
Today was another story. 
I am desperate for fall to arrive.
The cooler weather.
The boots and scarves.
The activities and traditions.
The blow-drying my hair without getting a sweat moustache.

I have decided to embrace Autumn.
Our Autumn.
Even if it is still in the 90's.
Even if our trees are still as green as ever.
I will still decorate with gourds.
I will still burn my maple pecan candles.
I will still insist on crafting with wool felt even if it makes me break out in hives.

IMG_2645
Breaking out the well-loved mocs.
IMG_2583
Fresh morning breezes....
IMG_2578
A good strong brew... with a dash of milk and a wee bit of sugar.
IMG_2582
Fresh buttermilk orange muffins.
IMG_2577
Doing a little research for a quick fall getaway for three.
IMG_2625
A little math on the couch.
IMG_2649
Apple tasting and a bit of science.
IMG_2648
Apple crafts.
IMG_2646
A bit of crafting.
IMG_2647
And a bit of decorating.
IMG_2624
Cheering on our favorite football team.
IMG_2644
Resting in the afternoon sunshine.
IMG_2603
A perfect bowl of popcorn.  Our favorite evening snack.


Hello, Autumn.
We've missed you.
So glad you are back.
We had a fantastic weekend enjoying you.
And we are looking forward to many, many more wonderful weeks together.

3 comments:

  1. Okay. I'll embrace fall after this post.

    Also, you didn't tell me about your getaway or your orange muffins. You're changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. fall is my girl.

    i also love mocs.
    but i get kinda sweaty in them.
    so i wear them with socks.
    my friends DO NOT APPROVE.
    so i never wear them outside my house.

    where are you going on your adventure? to the playoffs?

    oh right. nevermind. ;)


    JK (too soon?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi cute people!

    that teeny tiny orange muffin looks totes adorbs on that plate.

    ReplyDelete