Getting back into the swing of things after vacation is a little... tough. Back to semi-schedules, chores, mountains of laundry, impending work responsibilities (boo), home schooling, dinner making, grocery shopping, bill paying and the like. Back to disciplining the way I know I should, turning off the TV and trying to find something to do that doesn't require going out into the God foresaken heat, substituting swimming for nightly baths (don't act like you don't do this), and wondering where in the world my entire summer went. How dare my calendar say I must return to work in just over two weeks! Rude.
So here it is, just a little of what we have been up to the past few weeks...
 |
| Returning to the gym. Somewhat. Mornings are really hard for me right now. And I am a morning person. So we need to work on that. |
 |
| Watching way too much You Tube videos about cars and tractors and motorcycles. This is better than letting him watch TV, right? Right?!?! |
 |
| Celebrating a birthday lunch Grandma Doris. We love love love our Grandma Doris. |
 |
| Lots of splash time with cousins on hot summer evenings at Mama2's. Sunday nights are my favorite. |
 |
| I snorted when I read this. Except it should say "Forever 29." Because like I had to wait until almost 40 to discover the joy of living in Yoga pants. |
 |
| Outdoor worship night at church. Where Jesus literally took my breath away with a cool summer breeze and a beautiful starry night. Popeye was back on the drums. It was so, so good to seem him up there, doing what he does so amazingly well. |
 |
| This little fish. No fear what-so-ever. Jumping and diving in the deepest of deeps. This mama is so, so proud. |
 |
| He insists on wearing sweats to bed. And doing crazy dances before bed time. And being a total goof ball. I love this little man. |
 |
| I've been spending the last few weeks going through the Galatians series with The Village Church. I have felt challenged and humbled and broken in several different ways. A great series on a great book of the Bible. |
 |
| I am running out of room to take notes. I love taking notes. |
 |
| Naps in forts. Daddies build the best forts. |
 |
| Reading to Daddy. We are loving to read lately. It is precious. This is precious. They are precious. |
 |
| Healthy dinners. Mmmmm. Summer veggies. |
 |
| Followed by unhealthy dinners. Mmmmmm. Hot cheese. |
 |
| Insomnia. It is killing me. kill.ing.me. |
 |
| Bachelorette party with the ladies. We knew the outcome beforehand but not the way it went down. We did our best to act shocked at the end. I am not normally a reality TV person or a lover of celebrity gossip in any way, but I will admit I am way too involved in these people's lives. #teamjef #teamarie @jefholm @emilygmaynard @ariejr #pleaselikemyphotos |
 |
| The Bachelorette feast. Green Jell-O and Dutch Babies, obvi. Why am I the only one who knew the significance of the Green Jell-O?!?! I thought this was common knowledge. Apparently I am a wealth of random information. |
 |
| Obsessed with Deadliest Catch. OBSESSED. I realize I am like 8 seasons behind the rest of the world. But we don't have cable, so lay off. I am also way too involved in these people's lives. I hear that tragedy strikes the crew of the Cornelia Marie. I'm so devastated. |
 |
I am back into digital scrapbooking. I'm almost done with my 2010 and 2011 books, and I'm caught up with 2012. Let's just pretend that 2005-2009 didn't exist, mmm kay? I can't wait to get these books published so I can look through them over and over and over again.
|
So that's what is going on with us. What are YOU all up to?
can i just say, i LOVE that you're on the blogging train again?
ReplyDeleteand i wish i was at your bach party. i watched all by my lonesome. tim tried to watch with me, but i kicked him out when he kept farting & sneezing.
RUDE.
now to catch up on all of your posts.
i've missed you!
You've been busy! And BOOOOO on back to school. I'm not a Bachelorette fan, but I do love some Big Brother!
ReplyDeletewhere do you do your digital scrapbooking?
ReplyDeleteI make my layouts in Photoshop Elements and then save them as JPegs and upload them to Blurb. I am (almost) done with my 2012 book, I just need Mark to proofread it and check my work so I can order it! When I get the book in I will do a post about the process and the book. I've ordered from Blurb before, but I am using a different process this time so I'm hoping it all works! :)
DeleteI like the digital scrapbooking post idea! Although I dont know how to use photoshop, so it probably wont help me. Nevermind. Forget this comment.
ReplyDelete