52 blogs of thanks. For 52 weeks of the year.
(how is that for commitment, poor neglected blog)
And without further ado (and not always in any particular order...) I give you week 1.
*******
I am thankful for Baby Jesus.
and bearded man Jesus, too, if you are wondering.
Thankful for His teachings. His stories.
His precious words of hope, peace, and joy.
Thankful for life He lived for me. The life he gave up for me.
Thankful for His promises never broken.
His love over flowing.
His grace never ceasing.
His mercies new every day.
His faithfulness without fail.
Even when I'm a sinner.
Especially when I'm a sinner.
I'm thankful for His word, wrapped up in pretty pink binding, ready to be devoured.
I'm thankful for a pretty new journal. Empty pages ready to be filled with my spiritual journeys of yet another year.
For a pile of books just begging to be read. Bookmarks and post its already marking the pages of those that I couldn't wait to crack open if even just a page or two.
Thankful for the knowledge that each and every day I get a "do-over." A clean slate. An opportunity to serve and love and shine and obey and repent and forgive and be forgiven.
Thankful for a Jesus that loves me, cares for me, craves a relationship with me, even while I'm still a sinner.
Thankful knowing that regardless of my joy, my happiness, my sin, my hurt, my pain, He is there.
Without fail.
And I am ever so thankful. Ridiculously thankful.
Because of the Lord's great love
We are not consumed,
For His compassions never fail,
They are new every morning;
GREAT is your faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion;
I will wait for Him.
Lamentations 3:22-24







I just have to say that I love you and I am so proud of you! That was a wonderful post and a really needed one on my end :) I just emailed you back and I am coming in town if you are free on saturday?!
ReplyDeleteOh I meant next saturday..like not tomorrow :)
ReplyDeletewow, you are on fire olive oyl! preach it sister! i love this! but your stack of books forgot my favorite book, LOL: Idols of the Heart:)
ReplyDeleteyou'd love it. it's so changed my life.
hi! found your blog from davi's :)
ReplyDeletejust wanted to let you know that calm my anxious heart is an AMAZING book - you'll love it :)
i love this! wish i would have thought of doing something like this!
ReplyDeleteI have read several of those in your stack! Love love love =)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete