Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A big thanks... and some goodies as well!

I am so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support I've already received towards my Team in Training fundraising. As of noon today, I am 17% of the way towards meeting my goal of raising $2,500 for LLS! I talked to my running coach at lunch today and she was thrilled when I told her how much support has come in. It is such an encouragement to have family and friends (and friends of family and friends!) willing to donate money to little 'ol me as I train and run and continue on this incredible journey.

There is nothing I can do or say to thank all of you for your kind and supportive words or your monetary donations. But I thought it would be fun to spice this fundraising thing up a bit by holding a little raffle for those of you who donate on various levels!

I'm pleased to announce that I will be supporting some "regular" people with my prizes. All three prizes I'm giving are made by amazing women whose blogs I enjoy reading on a regular basis. Each item I am giving away I would LOVE to win myself (and am therefore VERY jealous of whoever wins them!).

Each time you donate at a certain level, your name will be put into a bowl and I'll announce my winners on April 2nd (so get all your donations in by April 1st!).

For anyone donating $26.20 (a buck a mile!): Your name will go into a hat to win a fabulous custom print by one Molly June from her Etsy shop, Tank and Tink.

tankandtink2

Photo courtsey of Tank and Tink

For anyone donating $100: You will be eligible for prize #1, and your name will also go into a hat to win darling wallet made by one miss Kerri at Your Wishcake.

For anyone donating $250 or more: You will be eligible for prizes #1 and #2, and your name will also go into a hat to win the amazingly awesome cookbook written by Ree Drummond of The Pioneer Woman.

thepioneerwomancooks500

Photo courtesy of The Pioneer Woman

I know that these prizes in no way match the awesomeness of each of you donating to this cause... but they do add a little fun to the whole fundraising journey. I'd like to think that the true prize is the knowledge that each of you can take away with you, knowing that you have done so much towards funding research that will one day save the lives of so many battling leukemia, lymphoma, and meyloma.

(Oh, and because I know these gifts are oh-so-girly, don't worry gents. You may swap any prize you recieve for an iTunes gift card. Or just give your prize to some lucky lady. She'll adore you forever, I promise you!). :)

4 comments:

  1. Ok.. I totally WANT the cookbook!
    Did you order it already? Did you order an extra one for your birthday gift to yourself? Can I win more than 1 item?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog girl!!! Your family is so adorable! Great job raising money for TNT, YOU are the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's absolutely awesome that you are doing this! I just made our donation and wish you all the best in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! I love it =) We are going to wait, just waiting for our next set of envelopes! SOOOOOOOO proud of you girlie!

    ReplyDelete