Monday, November 2, 2009

I <3 Fall...

I love fall.

It is by far the most perfect season.

The colors... the smells... the sweet but slow way the weather changes to cooler temperatures. I love looking at my calendar and seeing October 1st looming closer. The day I have officially decided it is perfectly suitable to break out the fall garlands and the pie-scented candles. And as my living room buffet becomes adorned in the beautiful colors of rust and mustard and pumpkin and my rooms fill with the sweet scent of carmel pecan, I get a warm and happy feeling in my soul that always seems to come around when the leaves begin to change.

Everything about fall is splendid. Mornings are cool enough to drink a lovely pot of coffee, but not too cold that it hurts to walk from my car to my classroom. My sweaters come down from the top of my closet, and the extra blankets creep their way onto our bed in the middle of the night. And Thanksgiving... oh, Thanksgiving! The turkey, the stuffing, the cranberry sauce shaped like a can. Pie! Pumpkin Pie! Piece after piece of Pumpkin Pie. I am giddy just THINKING about the feast that awaits me in just a bit over three weeks.

And one of my oh so favorite traditions, fantastically wonderful in all its insanity, is the annual pumpkin picking trip to Banducci Farms with our entire family.

Yes... our entire family.

Two grandparents. Eight siblings. Nine grandkids... with one on the way. Yes. Our family is the definition of insanity.

And it is quite lovely insanity at that.

little Punkins 2009 -3

little Punkins 2009 -54

little Punkins 2009 -52

little Punkins 2009 -30

little Punkins 2009 -36

little Punkins 2009 -8

9 comments:

  1. Olive Oyl, you look absolutely stunning, as usual. I LOVE that shirt on you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie patootie!!! Love the fall pictures. :-) Fall is the best. I just wish Southern California actually had one... instead of 1 day of temps in the 60's and then a month of 90 degree temps. Bleh. At least I can still burn candles inside and pretend its fall outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect family picture! Definite framer. I love that pumpkin patch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look HOTT - love the hair. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you see we have the same post titles?? Except you got all cutesy and tech-ee with your heart. I'm too old to know those shortcuts. I love that you love fall like I love fall. Love the pics too! Oh, and I <3 you! (hmm, maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures and our annual trip.
    Pop and I tried to guess how many kids would be screaming in our annual picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family you all make together! I love your entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning =) You are such a dear family!

    ReplyDelete