Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And one more makes four...

I never thought I was the adopting type.

But from the moment we got married, Popeye has been bringing up the idea of having a little one join our family. We've looked around, visited a few candidates, but never could agree on the perfect match for us.

And then we saw this little guy...

kitty2

Meet Pete.

Within moments of Popeye sending me a picture of him on my phone, I was smitten. I texted him that I was willing to go for it. But that we better go today, before I lost my nerve. He met me at work, helped me take care of some last minute things, and then we headed to pick up Swee'Pea and pick up a kitty carrier from Target.

Swee'Pea was THRILLED to say the least when we arrived at the SPCA to pick up our new pet. We filled out the adoption forms, got some last minute instructions, and then we were off. To Target... to fill our cart with darling kitty bowls and beds and play toys. And then home... to cuddle and kiss and love on our newest bundle of joy.

kitty1

Life with a kitten has been interesting to say the least. The first few days he spent most of his time sleeping and shying away from anyone who tried to come near him. He hardly ate... he hardly purred. And now? Oh, now!

kitty5

kitty7

He spends his days...

kitty4

biting.
scratching.
scurrying up curtains and across tables and floors.
eating... and eating... and eating some more.

kitty3

And although our little man has destroyed two sweatshirts, a blanket, a scarf, and a living room set of blinds, we love him to death.

kitty6

Well, most of the time.

8 comments:

  1. First of all...I THOUGHT YOU WERE PREGNANT when I first read the title!!! LOL!

    And secondly, that 1st picture of Swee'Pea and Pete is BEYOND precious!!! Holy cow how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of him on the blinds - it looks like a perfect summary of what life is like with a new kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously how do cats always end up in the blinds, my kitten used to be able to somehow climb the wall and up onto the blinds

    how do you climb a wall

    unless you are spider man

    ReplyDelete
  4. omigosh! i can't believe you got a kitty!!!!!

    John and the boys have been begging, BEGGING for a kitty...but I have said no because so many relatives are severely allergic.

    but that is a CUTE kitty and the pic with sweepea and kitty is beyond precious. Ollie would be completely overjoyed to have a kitty.

    and that kitty bowl is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I can't believe you didn't tell me you guys got a kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so not a cat person, but the picture of Swee'Pea and the kitty is ADORABLE! I can't really imagine Hudson sitting with Nala like that on the couch...she's too old and grumpy! How fun to have a kitten who will grow up and be used to toddler behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's SOOOO stinkin' cute!! As one adopted mommy to another, I know the joys the SPCA can deliver and I love them for it :) I'm so glad Swee' Pea has a furry friend to play with. Kids and pets - best combo ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitty is SO CUTE! I can't show this post to my husband or kids.. They want a pet so badly but I am mean and can't stand the thought of someone else to clean up after.

    ReplyDelete