So what have I been up to in this little life of mine?
Hosting two girls for the California State Junior Miss program * line dancing and eating ridiculously huge steaks at the Crystal Palace * bike riding through the streets of Shafter and stopping for cones with very dear friends * dreaming and planning and booking a fabulous Spring Break trip to NYC * successfully surviving my 5th first day of school as a teacher * Going on a romantic mini-vaca with my hubs to the coast * taking a day trip to Disneyland with my two favorite men * witnessing the birth of my beautiful niece Ada Lee * rejoicing in the safe arrival of my precious nephew Benjamin King * enrolling Swee'Pea in a new pre-school closer to my work * celebrating the 2nd birthday of my oh-so-adorable son * trying to juggle work and home and church and life and sanity all while remembering to eat and brush my teeth on a daily basis * becoming addicted to watching the most awesome TV show ever, "Glee" * spending far too many hours at work planning and grading and organizing the chaos that 4th graders cause * missing my friends and the summer of freedom and relaxation * enjoying what is hands down the BEST year of teaching I've EVER had * enjoying tasty tapas and laughs at Mama Roomba's with some super awesome gals * rocking out to Jimmy Wayne, Dirkse Bentley, and Brad Paisley in some SUPER amazing seats that we most certainly did NOT steal from people who rightfully paid for them * obsessing over what Popeye and I will use our credit card points for next year, and hoping I can convince him that a winter wonderland New York trip would be much more fabulous than a tropical paradise trip to Costa Rica * singing way too many silly songs, putting together puzzle after puzzle, and babbling with my son about our days activities even when I have not a clue what he is talking about * being thankful each and every day for the gift that is my family, and knowing that even though we've gone through tough times and there are so many more struggles to be had, that I am ever grateful for the joy and wonder that they bring into my life.
Just one of many pictures from the festivities of this summer...
So... what have YOU all been up to while I've been away?!





Well, let's see. I got pregnant, puked for 4 months...was o.k. for a few weeks and then got the flu (2 days before I was supposed to get my flu shot). Hmmmm. I think your past few months have been a bit more exciting than mine! The highlight of mine was finding out that we are giving Julianne a sister - so exciting! Now on to more exciting things like decorating the nursery, a trip to California, and Christmas! So glad your back and that you are having a good year teaching!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so glad your're back! I thought I wasn't able to see your blog anymore - I'm so thankful that I am. I really enjoy it! Oh I'm happy that you're back :)
ReplyDeleteYeah! Soooo glad you are back!
ReplyDeletePhew, it has been a whirlwind, hasn't it?! Glad you're back!
ReplyDeletewhoa! hiiiiii! you're back :) awesome.
ReplyDelete