Monday, July 13, 2009

Potty-training update...

IMG_2204

Yes.  I know my son is wearing girly-panties.  

But they are just sooooooooooo cute!

We have been potty training for about two weeks... and because I refuse to say anything that will jinx this seriously amazing experience (I am not being facitious... this experience has really been quite splendid), I will not go on and on about how relatively easy it has been.

I swear, I won't.  

But I will say that we haven't worn a diaper in over a week (and that was only because he was staying at various family members' houses while I went to class last week and I didn't think they should be held responsible for a little boy only days into potty-training...) and the only accidents we have had this week have been poo-poo (seriously, how do you train them to go poo in the toilet?!) and we actually had one 48-hour period with NO accidents (caught him pooping just in time...) and we have only had one bed wetting incident out of all the naps and night-nights he has had in the past fourteen days (whew!).  

And while I 100% know that kids can totally regress and go back to what they were before their potty-trained days, I'm quite excited that we are well on our way to having a fully potty-trained little boy in our house (sans pooping, of course.  Because apparently when you have the urge to poo, you can't hold it in long enough to run to the toilet to take a sweet dump).  

Gr.

Oh... and by the way... for those of you concerned... Swee'Pea also has several pairs of boxer briefs... and three pairs of Handy Manny chonies.  Seriously.  I don't always dress in him hilariously adorable, although slightly feminine, robot undies.  

10 comments:

  1. haha you a too funny!! i love the panties and sweet pea so cute :) Um i totally can't wait to see u..elephant bar here we come!!! I will call you soon so we can figure out dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Sam! Maybe his refusal to poo in the toilet is an act of rebellion. He is rebelling agaginst being forced to wear creepy, girly robot panties. Just saying.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. grrrr. i never thought i'd be jealous of a little boy taking a 'sweet dump' in the toilet. are my girls just special? hahaa. not funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think his panties, um undies, are rico suave! :) Seriously though, what a champ and I'm SOOOO glad that potty training has been a pleasant experience for you! Praise God! And you've got me reallllly curious about the "other" project you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can attest to this little guys adorable little Boxer Briefs. They look just like Gdubs which I think is adorable.

    He's doing very well and he will figure out that poo goes in the toilet and not in the chonies eventually.

    I can't wait to see your completed project. I'm SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the potty training is going well! Love that picture of Sammy... no matter how girly his undies are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad potty training is going well! And though I'm not going back to teaching this August, I was also upset about the early school supply sales! It was sort of like when stores go straight from Halloween decor to Christmas, completely skipping Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I stand in awe of how well he is doing! He is like a super potty trainning baby! And I love his undies ... they are so darn cute! Amy Choe at Babies R Us had little rock star undies that are to die for! I can't wait to potty train! I hope it continues to be such a great experience, you will have to tell me EXACTLY how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go Sammy Sam!! Can you teach Grady to say "poo poo?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, he is so young to be doing so well! As a mom of two boys who trained after the age of three, I am totally jealous! You should write a book on potty training boys.

    ReplyDelete