Sunday, July 12, 2009

A little catch-up...

I thought I would blog a lot this summer.  Three... maybe four times a week.

What. the. heck. happened.

I want to say I've been busy.  I want to say that I've been getting craft after craft done.  I want to say I've been really productive with my time.  

But I'd be lying.

Do you want to know what I've been doing with my time?  I've been reading.  Sewing.  Crafting.  Gardening.  Playing.  Swimming.  Laughing.  Baking.  Visiting.  Talking.  

In short... I've been having fun.  

This summer has been unlike any other I've had in a very long time.  I've set aside my "to-do" list.  I've instead embraced every day as a new adventure, one filled with more joy than I could have ever imagined.  I've played with my son, and spent hours with my mother-in-law.  I've sewed through my entire fabric collection, and memorized the perfect peach cobbler recipe.  I've hosted a fabulous brunch, and enjoyed nights of relaxation with a good book and and a cool breeze blowing through my windows.   I've experienced the sweetness of a precious new baby boy, and at the same time, let my own sweet boy grow as I took down his crib and put away the diapers.  

This summer has been amazing.  And I will be completely honest in saying that I said a silent slightly-non-nice-word when I saw that Target had put out their school supply displays on the 5th of July (are you crazy, Target!?  You are freaking killing me!).  

I promise more updates soon.  I've been working like mad on a major project this week... (potty-training... and another one that is a bit less messy).  And hopefully in a day or two it will be ready to be announced on this blog!!!

So stay tuned, dear faithful readers.  And hopefully soon I'll have many more updates to share!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

By the way, I am completely addicted to yummy tuna sandwiches with lots of sweet pickle relish on fresh wheat bread.  Does anyone else enjoy this as much as I do?

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your summer! Sounds like perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tuna sandwiches!! Oh and I HAVE to see your house this trip...still haven't and it's been how long...
    love u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Tuna is out for me at the moment, but I equally enjoy salmon sandwiches the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't agree with you about tuna, but I too am angry with Target. There's a TON of time left in the summer! Why must they ruin it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tuna with pickle relish. Sometimes I even sneak in some chopped up celery for the crunchiness of it rather than using onions.

    Oh and I'm totally jealous that you've been spending so much time with your MIL instead of your mom!

    Summer's nearly over and we need to spend some time doing stuff.

    I'm thrilled you finally updated by the way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your summer sounds amazing so far. Just reading your post motivated me to get off the computer and do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I personally love that you have been having this kind of summer cuz we are having a blast hanging out with you! I will take less blog posts for more of the real live you any day! :) Plus, you make me feel better because I have felt exactly the same way about my summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMM...that's EXACTLY how I eat my tuna sands too...and now I want one BAD!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete