He has woken up from his naps dry for months. He even wakes up on some occasions in the morning dry as a bone as well.
I've been putting off the whole potty training thing for months... but finally got the urge this weekend to put the effort in and just get it done. The thought of no more diapers is bliss. The struggle to even get him to hold still long enough to change his diaper makes me cringe... thus the reason why I've greeted this warm weather so, well, warmly. Rarely a day goes by that he isn't running around the backyard stark naked and enjoying the fresh air and cool water on his baby buns. (Yes... accidents do sometimes occur. Yes... one of those accidents happened to be on my mother-in-laws sidewalk. Ooops!).
Today I woke up determined to start this whole potty-training business. With oodles of advice and eleven new pairs of DARLING little boy chonies in his drawer, we began the process.
I'm proud to say that not only did he do STELLAR on his first day of potty-training, but he actually seems EXCITED to be going on the potty! (I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that he gets a gummi bear after each time he goes... no sir, that would not be the reason at all he so happily sits on the toilet when Mama asks him if he has to go potty...).
First day down, we had a total of 10 potty experiences. The first of the day was a pee accident in his undies (he helped me clean it up, and put his underwear in the washer). He then successfully went in the toilet! Yeah! Next we had a poo accident (totally my fault... I should have known he was being too quiet and concentrating too hard...). I showed him where the poo should go and then we made sure his undies went into the wash. Next came six peepees in the potty (including one at MamaD's while I was at class... he even woke up from a 3-hour nap totally dry!). We ended the night with another poo accident in his shorts (I've heard this is the hardest for kids to do on the toilet...).
All in all, I would say it was a pretty good first day! And although I know this could have been a total fluke, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another good potty day tomorrow!
He loves to put his stickers on when he goes in the potty!
So proud!!! He giggles and jumps up and down and claps when he goes!
Up to the sink to wash our hands!
He would wash his hands all day if we let him. And brush his teeth. Germaphobe, much?
Telling me over and over, "I go peepee! I go peepee!"
Cutest tooshie I've ever seen! He looks so BIG in his new little undies (which... by the way... I keep calling "panties." Apparently boys don't wear "panties." I swear I'm going to give him a complex...)
Mandatory "potty" candy... Gummi Bears!
Potty sticker chart. "I go peepee..." Do you?












Yay for Swee'Pea! And yay for no more diapers!
ReplyDeleteYay for him! Totally jealous over here. Sometimes I wonder if I waited to try until Aubrey was too old. She overthinks it and instead holds it for..oh you know..36 hours. Good for you guys! And I'll be checking in for some pointers. ;)
ReplyDeleteomigosh cutest thing ever. love the pics. go sweet pea!
ReplyDeletelove the gummibears too. finn and cal got minimarshmellows. i thought they would require them til college, but alas we are now free&clear of them!
You have taken THE best pictures I've EVER seen of a potty training experience! The one of his face on the chart! OMG And I too am a sucker for a lil boy bum in chonies! HEHE (I used to call them panties too LOL)
ReplyDeleteI hope today is another day of success for you guys!
Hmmm..."darling" isnt exactly the word I would use to describe those chonies. Unisex would be more like it. Stay out monster! :)
ReplyDeleteWow good for you guys! I've heard that boys take so much longer than girls and often don't potty train until 3 or so. That is awesome! And your pictures of the process are darling. He's going to love those when he's in his twenties. :P
ReplyDeleteHaha. Those pictures are so cute! Glad the potty training process seems to be getting off to a good start. :)
ReplyDeletehi! :) okay, so i saw i had a comment this morning from olive oyl & i was SO excited (like the happy dance kind)! you see, i've been reading (ahem, stalking) your blog for months & have yet to say hello...bad bloggy friend. so here i am! it's me! helloooooooo!! sorry i haven't said hi sooner..it's a bad habit.
ReplyDeleteoh, & your boy has one cute tush! i got a big F in the potty training dept, so lemme know if you have any good tricks up your sleeve :)
Is he wearing a red speedo?
ReplyDeleteYay! It's good to hear potty training success stories. I like the sticker chart idea. We took away the pacie last week. I think I'm going to give it a few weeks before introducing potty training.
ReplyDeletewhat a good little boy! I know they say girls are eisier but Im telling you boys are!! with both my boys i just put undies on them and they started going in the potty! Bless you, good job Swee Pea!
ReplyDeleteI totally had a sticker chart too!! I remember my mom told me if i filled up the sticker chart we could go to disneyland..
ReplyDeleteWhen we got to disneyland i didnt want to go on any rides bc i was scared, my dad told me if i didnt go on the rides he would spank me.
I must have been scared bc I peed on "it's a small world after all"