Saturday, May 23, 2009

You do what you gotta do...

My students are obsessed with this guy.  And strangely enough, they totally know how to do fractions now.  Thank you, teacher tube.  And thank you weird teacher-man who spends his days thinking up raps to help my students learn fractions.



"What's that?  Lights, camera, action..."

7 comments:

  1. Love it! This is a perfect example of Web 2.0 in schools. Lightspeed is all over this. Watch out Teacher Tube...EVL (Educational Video Library) is coming. I will definitely be sharing this at work. And watching it in the meantime, because fractions still confuse me

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! We have Safari Montage, but I've never done a search for math stuff. I'm going to put my own numbers in place of what he's teaching!

    UMMMM....ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT! (2 for me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word, girl. LOL

    I could totally see kids loving that, but I felt like he was moving kinda fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where was that dude when I was learning fractions? That's just plain awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Olive Oyl you are such a good teacher! I only wish MY teachers would have shown me something like that! If I ever choose to go back and take the math part of my CBEST I will ask you for more videos like that! =) Miss you and hope to see you VERY soon! I only have one day of work left ... I think you are almost done also ... play dates?!?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness. I didn't watch the whole thing but I was dying laughing. Isn't crazy how we can work and work trying to teach something to kids and then someone crazy like that does it in 5 minutes? Something so right and yet so wrong about it!!

    ReplyDelete