Yep.
The end of the school year is upon us. With that comes crazy busy madness as I try to juggle work and child and home and church and my sanity all at the same time. Open house, field trips, holidays, birthdays, showers... the list goes on and on. Throw in a couple of weekends away for women's ministry and girly trips, and I'm surprised to find that I'm still alive and that yes, my house is still (quite dirty) but standing.
There is far too much to update on and as the list of blogs I need to write continues to pile higher and higher in my head, I've decided to ignore the fact that life existed in May and instead am going to celebrate the fact that I was tagged (yeah!) by my sweet sister-in-law Lorieloo.
Ah. How excited am I. Thank you kind sister... you know that lists are quite possibly my favorite thing to do....
So here it is. My list of eight.
Eight things I'm looking forward to...
1. A whole 12 weeks off this with my fabulously funny son.
2. Taking a graduate class and finally working my way up on the pay scale at work (score!).
3. Harvesting oodles amounts of fresh veggies from my garden over the next few months.
4. Attempting to live the 100-mile diet for four straight weeks.
5. G-chatting it up all summer with Toni Annette and Jill C. Brooks.
6. Completing P90X and seeing some hardcore results.
7. The Frantz's ridiculously awesome 3rd of July party (seriously, the 4th is so overdone...).
8. Turning our man office into an oh-so-spectacular craft/computer/tv/homeschooling room.
Eight things I did yesterday...
1. Ate a ridiculous amount of homemade blueberry buttermilk pancakes.
2. Laughed so hard I almost peed my pants... on several occasions.
3. Watched a major marathon of "Lockdown" on MSNBC.
4. Laid out on the beach and got burnt to a crisp.
5. Cried as I ran around naked trying to cool off my crispy back.
6. Salivated over delicious fruit a la Avila Valley Fruit Barn.
7. Lusted over Edward Cullen for two straight hours.
8. Talked with a great friend into the wee hours of the morning.
Eight things I wish I could do...
1. Be a stay-at-home mom in some capacity.
2. Own a bit of property in Shafter where I could build a home with my husband, and raise our four beautiful children, rows and rows of veggies, and a sweet little chicken named Cecily.
3. Go on a shopping spree and buy a Bosch mixer, a table saw, a potting bench, a Kindle, and season tickets to the Dodgers and USC football.
4. Be strong and confident enough to show my true personality to more than a select few lovely ladies and my brave husband, who has to endure my true personality on way too many occasions.
5. Remember that the only judgement I need to fear is that of Jesus and no one else.
6. Suck it up and let my husband finally get a motorcycle (which I swear I fully intend on doing if he would just agree to move to Shafter...)
7. Book tickets to NYC for Christmas. We have the hotel points, we have the money for the plane tickets. Gosh darn that little problem of having no vacation time.
8. Never forget how awesome I feel after a particularly fabulous day with my husband or a night out with my best girl friends.
Eight shows I watch...
We honestly never watch TV. Except right when we get into bed and we settling down for the night. I catch up on shows like twice a month on the computer.... so this one was kind of hard fore me!!! But here it goes....
1. Seinfeld
2. Arrested Development
3. Big Love
4. 24
5. Southland
6. Kings
7. 30 Rock
8. Parks and Recreation
9. any Law and Order or CSI: Las Vegas
10. anything from Disney Playhouse (God bless that those shows are out on DVD!).
Now I have to tag eight more! Hmmm... let's see...
1. Toni
2. Jillers
3. Angie (or should I say, DR. Angie...)
4. Colleen
5. Katie (and little Henry, too!)
6. Sharon
7. Vanessa
8. Ashley




I love this post and I love you. Enough said.
ReplyDeleteps...you know Lockdown is now on your favorite list of shows
great lists, and you know, I'll be home this summer to g-chat so shoot it! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your list and I know what you mean about making them. I swear it's inherited.
ReplyDeleteIf you need a place to send some of your summer veggies, and your son, you know where to find me.
yay my first tag!! I promise I will get to it soon!
ReplyDeleteok two things...
ReplyDeleteone:
P90x.. ouch! but I will tell you IT WORKS!
two:
Edward Cullen... AHHHH... I FINALLY started reading the books, and read all 4 in 1 week... NOV 20TH! Yippee!
my husband and I have become addicted to Arrested Development, thanks to Netflix. Oh my goodness, it's SO funny. I think of you when we watch it, because I think you were the first one I heard about it from. (what awful sentence construction, look at those dangling prepositions!)
ReplyDeleteHow exciting that summer is almost here for you!! YAY! :)
i always enjoy reading your lists, christie! it was so good to see you guys, sam is soooooooooooo handsome! i cant wait for you guys to come out here for a visit :o) you can totally leave sam with us for some date time too.
ReplyDeleteim really happy for you that its almost summer
and i cant stop thinking about your garden!
Love your lists. And the great thing about your lists is that you actually accomplish them!! I need to figure that part out...
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog. It's a small world. I live in Shafter. Did you go to school here? My husband did.
ReplyDelete