Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Best family ever...

I love my family.

And when I say love I mean like I really, really love my family.

If I had to rate how cool my family is on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give them an 11. We are that seriously rad.

Now don't get me wrong, we are far from perfect. To say that we have always had it easy would be a completely and total lie. We've had our rough patches. We've had our fights. We've had our days and weeks (okay... okay... and months and years...) were just being civil to each other is a true gift from God. But years and growth and maturing and forgiving and forgetting have brought us to where we are today. And I'm happier and healthier because of everything we've gone through together.

There are so many reasons why I love my parents. I can't even list them all, they are far too random and ridiculous to even put into writing. But they are really some of the most amazing people I have ever met. They are hilariously funny. They are spontaneous and silly. They are the type of parents who embarass you because they are so in love (and lovey dovey) but at the same time make you proud that your parents are still that infatuated with each other. They ride quads, drive race cars, and go on ridiculously random trips back East to go to drag races and visit Gator Land. They are the kind of parents who drive their ginormously awesome motor home to your house the first they get it just you can take a ride, and who always have their doors open to us for dinner, ice cream, games, or just a random night of hanging out when there is nothing else to do. They love our child so much it amazes me, and I'm pretty sure that my mother is crawling out of her skin with hysteria if she is away from Swee'Pea more than 48 hours at a time. They aren't afraid to get on the floor and play with him, and already my dad is dreaming and scheming of the day when Swee'Pea will join Gatlin Racing in the Junior Dragster division. They give advice when it is solicited, and know when to mind their business when it is not.

And my brother. Oh, my big little brother. He is one of the most kind-hearted people I have ever met. He is always quick to give me a hug and a kiss and tell me that he loves me whenever we part, but at the same time is willing and waiting to pulverize any person who hurts or betrays me. He is sarcastic and witty, and although he knows how to push all of my buttons, life is much more fun when we join forces to push our mother's. He adores Swee'Pea and drops by just to play with him or bring him a random gift he has thoughtfully picked up. He is a hard worker, a hilarious character, and one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet.

I couldn't be happier with how our family has grown and changed over the past few years. And adding Popeye and Swee'Pea to the mix has made it even more fantastic. I can't wait for the day when a sister-in-law will (hopefully!) be added to the family... and of course, many, many more grandbabies as well.

Gatlin Family Edited-13
Gatlin Family Edited-24
Gatlin Family Edited-25
Gatlin Family Edited-42
Gatlin Family Edited-43
Gatlin Family Edited-41
Gatlin Family Edited-16
Gatlin Family Edited-18
Gatlin Family Edited-48
Gatlin Family Edited-4
Gatlin Family Edited-7
Gatlin Family Edited-6
Gatlin Family Edited-56
Gatlin Family Edited-63
Gatlin Family Edited-88

Thank you, Lorie, for the beautiful pictures of my beautiful family!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh what fun pictures! I'm bummed that I didn't know you when I lived there...since you're parents lived just a few doors down from us. It would have been fun to get together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean YOUR parents...I hate typos! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these pictures are delightful! I love pictures where you can just feel the love. I love your yellow shirt and the flower in your hair. And swee' pea is the cutest little boy I've ever seen! Seriously. CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING, STUNNING photos. Seriously, you are all so beautiful. And you my dear, are looking exceptionally exotic and gorgeous in that yellow top with flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo sweet. I love family too and reading that makes me love yours! You guys are hot, hot, hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Is that flower attached to your head with a roach clip?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gorgeous! And Umm Swee'Pea looks just like Popeye! He is getting to be such a handsome big boy! Can we say lady killer?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok reading the post had me almost in tears, but then came the amazing pictures which brought a smile back to my face! Seriously amazing pictures. You are all such beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the black and white pic of Sam. And I LOVE that yellow top. That girl you borrowed it from must have serious style...hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  10. what were these pictures for? they're great!! except, why in the group shots is sweepea always chillin' on the end by himself? cutest little loner! where is that cute old fashioned gas station?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who is that little man, and where is your baby boy?? The roach clip totally makes the pictures - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made me cry. See what happens when I go out of town and can't see my kids/grandbaby!
    We love you guys too and love that you enjoy hanging out with us old folks.
    Our little family has grown in so many ways over the years and it just keeps getting better and better.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE these! sam is soooooo perfect and adorable. i really wish we could have him and lijah together. and i love the pictures of you and mark laughing. we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete