Saturday, May 2, 2009

Savory Saturday - BBQ'd Shrimp with Rice and Black Beans

This Jill from Babbling Brooks, Olive Oyl asked me to guest blog for today's savory saturday.  
This is one of our favorite summer meals.  It's quick and easy to make, not too mention light and delicious.
BBQ'd Shrimp
 - 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
 - Old Bay seasoning
 - Lime juice
 - 1 tbsp. oil
Toss shrimp in the seasoning, lime juice and oil, skewer and barbeque!  They should only take about 1-2 minutes on each side.


Spicy Black Beans
 - 1/2 onion, chopped
 - 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
 - salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
 - 1 can black beans, almost all the way drained (leave a little juice)
Saute onion and bell pepper, add beans and seasoning.  Simmer about 5-10 minutes to let the flavors intensify.

"Chipotle" Rice - we really like the rice at Chipotle so we try to make our own.
 - Add cilantro, salt, and lime juice to cooked white rice.  (in my picture, those are green onions, we didn't have any cilantro and I didn't feel like going to the store)

3 comments:

  1. You know my extreme distaste for shrimp....but the rice is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM YUM YUM! I have to send you an e-mail today about Peyton's sleeping ... I jinksed myself by what I was telling you on Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete