Spring Break was filled with sewing and baking and gardening and crafting galore... you've seen the pics of all the gardening, but unfortunately my hands were too filled with flour and butter and sugar and fruit to take pictures of all the kitcheney goodness that went on a few weeks ago... so hopefully these sewing pictures will have to be good enough.
This is a hooter hider I made for the cousin of a dear friend. I love this fabric and like most things I make, wanted to keep it for myself because of its serious cuteness. But alas, I have no reason to hide my hooters at the moment, so it was packaged and given away...

This is the sweet little gardening apron I made to wear while I work in the yard. It has lots of little pockets that are perfect for gardening tools and seeds and such. Of course, I don't really have many tools for the garden, but I've borrowed a few and I always carry around sunblock and a pen to make notes in my gardening journal about any new growth on my plants or what the weather has been like...

I made a fun little notebook cover to match my apron... the notebook is a perfect place for me to write my thoughts, feelings, and observations of my garden. I love looking back on the notes over the past two months and laughing at what little things excited me each day... about the day I found my first tiny tomato (I now have about 15!), the day my squash first sprouted (they are now HUGE!), and the lists I've already made of what I hope to plant for my fall and winter garden and in my garden next year...

I'm hoping that my summer will be filled with more fun craftiness... I have bedroom curtains to sew, and an office to re-do. But until then, I think the sewing machine may be getting a big break while I finish out the last 23 days of school. Woot woot! It's almost summer!




WOW! Impressive. I love, love your spicy apron; your garden apron it too cute for words; and DYING laughing that you wrote that you didn't have any hooters to hide. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI love the hooter comment, SO funny!!
ReplyDeleteI am loving the gardening apron and the notebook cover!! The fabrics are so cute!!
OK, you are way to creative and cute. I love that fabric that you made the hooter hider out of! I love the gardening belt as well. I only work out in the yard about 2 days a year and I want one of those! So cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the fabric for the gardening apron & journal! Good work. You must post an update on your garden soon, I can't wait to see how much your veggies have grown.
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the hooter hider. Betsy loves it and has received MANY compliments!
ReplyDeleteI knew you sewed but I had no idea it was THIS MUCH! I think that garden apron looks a little more like a hot mini skirt that might lead to a hurt foot, if ya know what I mean... But seriously, this stuff is adorable! I miss you and want to come over and do crafts this summer!!
ReplyDeleteSO ADORABLE! You must send me the instructions for the gardening apron when you have a chance! :-)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Is that the apron we're making when you come down this summer???
ReplyDeleteOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGO THAT APRON. What do I have to do to get one in size Bootylicious.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the notebook cover, and the gardening apron. Ugg. I'll take one of each please.
Seriously? I don't think you sleep.
ReplyDeleteIt's all utterly adorable.
You should spend your summer teaching your momma to sew. I'm just sayin'!
ReplyDeleteLove all the crafts you have to tell me the maker of the fabrics if you remember
ReplyDelete