Friday, April 24, 2009

Fourth-gradeisms...

Story #1:

A little boy in my class accidentally "clothes-lined" another boy in my class while playing at recess and caused him to get a bloody nose.  I walk out to talk to my kids while the hurt kid is escorted by a yard-aide to the office.  I see two kids bawling their eyes out underneath the trees and go to check on them.  One is a little girl who says she feels so bad for the boy that got hurt, and she is really worried about him.  I walk her to the office to check on him, and she stops crying and lets me take her back outside.  The other kid that is crying is the boy that "clothes-lined" the hurt boy.  He feels so bad for hitting him, and says it was an accident.  He cries and cries and then all the other kids huddle around him and pat him on the back trying to comfort him.  Bloody boy comes out and is fine.  He joins the other kids who have now finally stopped crying.

I have to admit, it almost made me cry seeing all of them crying.  It was incredibly adorable to see how big their hearts really are and how much they truly care for each other.  Even if they are sometimes over dramatic about it.

Story #2

The kids in my class are working on some projects and chatting as they cut and draw and glue.  I overhear a girl telling her partner, "Well, I only have two real sisters.  I also have two half sisters and a step sister.  But my mama is going to try at get on Maury Povitch because my daddy has another daughter that is older but my mama says she doesn't feel right when she comes around and so she wants to call Maury to get on the show so she can get a DNA test done and get to the bottom of this!"

Seriously.  I don't need cable.  The drama in my classroom is way hotter than any story line cable TV can come up with.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! The bottom story hits a little too close to home...if you leave out the Maury show, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! and clotheslining CAN happen on accident... i mean angie and i used to do it to toni all the time when she tried not to be our friend in kindergarten. oops. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Funny. See there ARE bright spots in your days. ;-)

    ReplyDelete