Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thirty-six months...

Today marks thirty-six... thirty-six whole months since Popeye and I tied the knot.  For those of you who don't want to do the math, that is three years.  Three years of wedded bliss with the man I am confident I was born to be with.  The man who makes me laugh and cry... sometimes both at the same time.  The man who has been by my side literally in good times in bad, in rich (and poor! haha), in sickness but in many, many times of health.  The man who gave me the most precious gift of my son, and who fills each day with excitement and randomness and giggles galore.  

I love you, Popeye.  For everything you have meant to me, and everything you are to me.  For the way you love me in your own way... and for all that lies ahead in our marriage and our lives.  Thank you for thirty-six wonderful months, and I can't wait to experience many, many more with you!

And to celebrate this fantabulous occasion, I figured I'd list out thirty-six random things that I passionately love about my hot hubby... don't worry, none of them will be too terribly scandalous. :)

1. He takes out the garbage without me begging and without too much complaining.
2. He lets me sleep with the ceiling fan on each night, even though he is always freezing.
3. He encourages me to "live my dreams," like owning a bridal shop or starting an event planning business.
4. He talks about baby names with me... and even better, likes the ones I like.
5. He always eats at least one bite of whatever I have cooked... even if it is disturbingly disgusting looking.
6. He gets up with Swee'Pea at night so that I can sleep.
7. He is always appreciative when I clean the house.
8. He works his tail off to provide for our family now and for our future.
9. He cleans the house, takes care of the yard, does the dishes, and changes diapers without any prompting.
10. He always buys me amazing gifts that are both unexpected and undeserved.
11. He dreams with me about our future and our plans for retirement.
12. He helps me make our house a beautiful home.
13. He loves watching ridiculous amounts of "Seinfeld" just as much as I do.
14. He adores me.  Simply adores me.
15. He tells me I am hot... even when I am so apparently not.
16. He looks at my blog daily, even though he swears he hates blogging and begs me to quit.
17. He took it upon himself to make me the most spectacular herb and vegetable garden ever, giving up several weekends and endless nights rest just to get it done.  
18. He loves office supplies just about as much as I do.
19. He goes car shopping trips with me... and travel trailer shopping... and other kinds of ridiculous shopping that we know will not end in actual purchasing, but is fun none the less...
20. He is gung-ho about us being 100% debt free using Dave Ramsey... even though he does complain a bit about his lack of lunch money.
21. He lets me organize our bills and budget, because he knows how giddy it makes me.
22. He would be content if all I ever cooked for the rest of our lives was spaghetti and tacos.
23. He doesn't complain too terribly often that my favorite outfit in the whole world is old sweat pants and a Harvard sweatshirt.
24. He loves the smell of a bleachy-clean house just as much as I do.
25. He goes to get me Dewar's ice cream and Fresh and Easy yogurt late at night when I'm craving it desperately.
26. He likes to clean and organize the garage on a regular basis.
27. He always puts the toilet seat down, never leaves dirty underwear or clothes on the floor, and (almost) always puts his dishes in the dishwasher.
28. He makes radical videos of every little trip that we go on.
29. He changes the background on the computer screen almost daily to reflect what is going on that day or something funny we had been talking about.
30. He text messages me even though he detests it.
31. He loves coming home to our humble home and our little family each evening more than anything else in the world.
32. He looks smokin' hot in his uniform.
33. He can protect me with his bare hands with his mad cop skills.
34. He loves stupid movies like "Hot Rod" just as much as I do.
35. He has inside jokes with me that may be ridiculously stupid to anyone who hears them, but make me laugh all the same every time we say them.
36. He knew me when I was a total dork with ginormous coke-bottle glasses.  And he loves me just the same.

I love you, my hunky-hunky man-o-love!  I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with your and find a zillion more things to adore about you!!!

dance

11 comments:

  1. It was such a beautiful day! So glad I got to be a part of it=) I can't believe it's only been 3 years...it feels like FOREVER ago=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both. It was a beautiful day with an exciting end. I love you guys and I agree with Lorie, I can't believe it's only been 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your list! what a sweetie he is. that is hysterical that he reads your blog every day even though he doesn't like blogging. sounds like my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you two!! Your list was sweet, beautiful, and funny... it sounds like you are definitely blessed with a wonderful husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so sweet. Happy Anniversary. I can't wait to do a post similar to this in 5 days for our one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! You guys have come long way since that time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!!! I love hearing about how Popeye is as a husband/father. Especially since all I remember of him is a crazy teenage drummer! hehehe Wishing you many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so sweet. Can he please give my husband a lesson in putting the toilet seat down? Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh, you were m.f.e.o. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! Now I want to see more wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete