Anyone who knows me knows that I am both A) a perfectionist, and B) completely indecisive.
Thus the long road to decorating our wee but delightful home has been fraught with gallons and gallons of paint, furniture that has been purchased and returned on multiple occasions, and way too many trips to home improvement stores where I stare aimlessly at the walls of fixtures and color chips, just praying that a heavenly light will shine down from the heavens, pointing me in the direction that I should be going in my quest for a quaint but inviting living area.
As troublesome as this whole house decorating business has been, I've finally been able to buckle down and complete (okay... nearly complete) some of the rooms in my home. The first room that is quite close to receiving the Olive Oyl stamp of approval is the kitchen. And I cannot express enough how widely thrilled I am to finally be happy with what could quite possibly be my favorite room in the house.
Join me on a picture journey of our slow (but oh-so-sweet!) kitchen make-over...
All done and the keys are ours!
Move-In Day
January 14th, 2006-Summer 2006
Mustard Yellow gone terribly wrong... and the evil splotch I refused to do anything with!
Summer 2006-Spring 2007
Thank goodness for Popeye's killer discount with his old job... we love our fancy tile floors!
Spring 2007-Fall 2007
A paint color we can finally live with...
Fall 2007- Current

Happy 26th Birthday to me! Thank you hubby, mom, and all my grandmas who contributed to me completely destroying the Macy's home sale a few weeks ago.
Me + Martha Stewart kitchenware = True Love

Awesome funky door my hubby painted and distressed when we first moved in...
The inspiration that started it all... my cheap and self-made chair covers. They are so cute they make me giggle every time I see them!

Organized cabinets filled with yummy Robin's Egg blue stuff makes me oh-so-happy...

Olcott's and I have a thing going... I can't be trusted to be anywhere near there, especially during the holiday months when the tasty Nutcracker coffee is a-brewing! And yes... I do need the lasagna and casserole dishes in every size... and in two colors.
Mmmm... coffee.

Pretty Miss Cast-Iron pot already being put to work...

Hot water tastes better when boiled in a perfectly perfect tea kettle!

My favorite nook... where most of the mixing and chopping magic happens...
Sticky hands just waiting to come in for a treat...

Small but sweet... and perfect for our little family!
Thanks for touring our place! Come by any time... I always have coffee brewing and some sweet treat about to come out of the oven!














Love the Martha Stewart stuff! I am a big fan myself.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT! but sad day, I did not get a treat when I was visiting today=(...but then my son slept three hours...so thank you, thank you very much=)
ReplyDeleteWill you come and do my house? I have permission to evict the dining room set and am ordering my new Pearl Gray Front Throw Washer and Dryer on Thursday afternoon so the laundry room needs re-decorated.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your kitchen, it's so cute and always smells like wonderful coffee.
Wow, iw ant to re decorate! AMAZING
ReplyDeletei LOVE LOVE your chair covers. too cute and i'm so proud of you for picking 4 different fabrics! your cabinets look lovely. it's a secret dream of mine to have all my inside cabinets look perfect like martha's...
ReplyDeletei love how you operate:)
LOVe the beautiful robin's egg blue!! I want your tea kettle. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I really love your chair covers-- they are too cute, and I love how they are all diferent. It's so cottage-y and ecelctic.
I can see why you would love to be in your kitchen so much... everything is fabulous and lovely and homey! Great job. :)
oh, and we have matching birdie s&p shakers :)
Just wanted to say I love your kitchen, and I too would spend hours in there!
ReplyDeleteoh and I am WAY jealous of your tile! GORGEOUS!!
ReplyDeleteIt's all so adorable! I love that color, I have a more grayish shade of that color in my kitchen/livingroom. LOVE it all! The trivets are my FAVE though, in the pic of your birthday loot.
ReplyDelete*sigh*
ReplyDeletei adore your kitchen. All of your birthday presents have me GREEN with envy! The robins egg blue is my favorite color...i have a teapot that color & i swear i smile everytime i look at it, i need more! :D
i love the chair cushions you made! The fabric=love...OH! and the door!! oh my, you are one lucky lady :))
I MUST see in person. Everything looks so cute. I'm jealous of your current drive and decisiveness. My stuff seems so blah now....
ReplyDeleteLove the chair cushions & love that you made them yourself...you've now given me another project idea ;)
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen looks awesome! Want to come over and decorate mine?
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! I"m slowly incorporating more robin's egg blue into our downstairs too. Its a slow process. I've got a few candles, a bowl, a rug and a canvas print. I definitely need some Martha Stewart stuff though!!
ReplyDeleteIt's all so cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you though...I HATE my cords showing. Mostly because I always want my house to look like a model and they dont' have cords in the model homes (of course nothing works either)
oh my gosh, come decorate MY kitchen!!!!! Pretty please!
ReplyDeleteIt's fabulous, just fabulous! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE your colors! I have the MS Macy's robin's egg blue mixing bowls and I LOVE them! I really need that pot...
ReplyDeleteJust came over from Emily's blog and wanted to say what a CUTE kitchen!!!! i love that martha stewart line my hubby got me the big 7 quart pot for christmas and i love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful kitchen! I am so jealous! I love your taste and style.
ReplyDelete