Some people have killer moves.
Some don't.
I personally think my moves are awesome. Unfortunately when I move, things tend to get damaged.
Things on my body, that is.
What started as playful silliness with my husband ended with me flat on my back and crying on the bathroom tile. Apparently cheap towel racks in track homes don't come with an assurance of holding a grown woman's body weight when she is sashaying around and showing off her best high-kicks and Jr. Miss moves. When I hit the floor, Popeye immediately went into Deputy Sheriff mode, assessing my injuries and trying not to die of laughter. I immediately went into panic mode and prayed that the ground would open up and swallow me whole. Once his initial once-over proved that no bones had punctured skin and no blood had be shed, Popeye asked what hurt more, my foot or my ego. I wasn't sure at first...
...but two weeks, three doctors visits, and a lot of limping around later, I'm positive what my answer would be.
My foot. Apparently I strained or tore or snapped or did SOMETHING to some of the tendons in my foot and my heel and my ankle... which led the podiatrist I was referred to to prescribe this pretty puppy and some pills to help ease the inflammation and pain in my right footal region.

My husband thought I was hot before, but look at me now. Who wouldn't want to snuggle up to this pair of foxy legs in bed!?




Still laughing...
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, I know you're in pain, but it is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. The fact that Swee Pea has taken to walking just like mommy, with a limp, makes it even funnier.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry. I'm sure you are in pain. But, I must admit that your depiction of the scenario was really funny. You painted quite a comical picture. Hope you are up and sashaying again soon.
ReplyDeleteomigosh, you really WERE hurt, you poor thing. and you are definitely still looking sexy:) feel better, k?
ReplyDeletegirl, that is hot. I need to learn some of your moves. expect our old house doesnt have any towel bars, so I will have to think of something else. Shower curtain, perhaps?
ReplyDeleteI saw you limping the other week at church and wondered what was up. Hope you're feeling better. :)
ReplyDeleteDoes this mean you have to give up the tippy toe limp that I have come to admire? That boot will look great when you are demonstrating the graceful moves for poise :) I hope it heals quickly.
ReplyDeleteYou poor, poor girl! Those boots are no fun, and they definitely hamper the dancing skills ;)
ReplyDeleteFunny story...sorry about the injury. Heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm reading this after the fact and you're ok....because it's pretty funny. So glad big bad sheriff could help you so quickly. =)
ReplyDeleteOk... first let me say sorry this happened.
ReplyDeleteBut second... this is hilarious!! When you told me the story of how it happened, I couldn't help but giggle (after I found out you weren't seriously injured). You are hilarious... and your retelling of the story on the blog is even more funny!!
See that is exactly why I don't dance! Things like that happen to me ... or those around me! But the story is still precious in it's own way =)
ReplyDeleteOh, ouch! I am so sorry you got hurt! I hope you feel better soon and that you get a sturdier towel rack so it doesn't happen again. :)
ReplyDelete