Sweet Girl.
The past two weeks have been exhausting.
Like, really exhausting.
Around day ten you got really annoyed with the world and by day fourteen you were full blown ticked-off.
Through some experimentation on my own and some friendly advice and a prescription from our new favorite pediatrician, I'm 99.9% sure you are intolerant to dairy protein and have a bit of acid reflux.
Joy.
So although this mama is greatly missing her Venti Nonfat Extra Hot Hazelnut Macchiatos, she is greatly enjoying the new found freedom from a screaming hot-mess of a child.
I could do without the constant puke.
But at least you are a cute little puker.
Baby girl.
I love you to pieces.
This mommy thing is hard.
And I cry.
A lot.
And although a lot of those tears are from pure exhaustion, most of them are honestly because I'm just so amazingly overjoyed to have you in my life.
I love how you cling to me when I try and lay you down.
I love the way you claw and work your way up my chest so you can nuzzle in my neck.
I love the way we both just sleep better when you are in my arms.
I am completely smitten with you, Lucy Kate.
Completely smitten.
Mama




Omigosh! SO sorry about the reflux and no dairy! SO rough!
ReplyDeleteRemember you came to visit Ollie wearing your cute black "knocked up" tee and he pukes all over it? Pretty sure he had reflux...no fun.
and i cut dairy out with Twain. I think it's superrrr hard to cut out dairy!!!
but so happy Lucy girl is feeling better! Hang in there! It will get easier!