I'm at a cross between being anxiously overwhelmed at the thought of going into labor and also achingly ready to meet my baby.
I wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6:30am and by 9 I am so terribly ready for a nap. Which I never take. But I dream about. Until around 4pm when I get another sudden burst of energy which quickly dies down until about 9pm. When I bust out my Pledge and my rag and start cleaning fanatically.
The weather hasn't been as freakishly hot so we've been hanging out at the pool a lot and I've been trying to run as many errands as possible. In the past two days I've been to Walmart twice, Costco twice, Target, and Fresh and Easy. I forgot to buy eggs each and every time.
I've been putting on make-up every day for the past ten days or so which is not typical for me during the summer. However, I wouldn't want to go into labor and have the nurses (and my baby) be terrified so I am trying to gussy it up a bit.
I've actually been cooking. And baking. And being overly addicted to Cherry Coke.
Mmmmm. Cherry Coke.
Princess Kate had her baby and I was glued to my phone and television waiting on every update. I'm not normally one to be so obsessed with a celebrity, but I think her and William are just the sweetest couple there is. Also, she looked amazing leaving the hospital. I'll be lucky to squeeze into a pair of sweatpants 24-hours post delivery, and she came out looking like she was fresh from the salon. In heels!
I want to remember each and every moment of these last few weeks before the baby arrives.
Even the hard ones.
I want to remember Swee'Pea's excitement and his constant need to talk about the baby all.of.the.time.
I want to remember late nights with Popeye eating ice cream and watching bad copies of "Ed."
I want to remember getting my nails done with my mom.
Lunch with my grandmas.
Afternoons with my mother-in-law just sitting on her sofa talking about babies and work and The Today Show.
I want to remember the stretches of this little one in my belly. Its feet poking out my sides and its head constantly ramming into my bladder.
Because soon, as much as I want to, I'll no longer be hold onto this baby all day and night.
Soon, our lives will be turned upside down in a fabulous way.
But for now, I just want to hang onto every. single. moment.
And remember what it was like with just the three of us.
broadway for daddy's birthday. our last hot night on the town before baby comes!
planning planning planning. how is it almost time to start school again?
we live here.
basically i did not sleep a wink after receiving this.
i had some old bananas and blueberries and a carton of almost expired buttermilk to use up. so i whipped up this bread. and then ate half the loaf in one day. it was amazing.
it has been a long time since i read a book that wasn't parenting/birthing/educating related. shauna is one of my favorite bloggers and authors. buy this book immediately.
every night about 9pm i get out my Pledge and rags and broom and vacuum and go to town. i figure it will eventually put me into labor and the house will look splendid to boot. P.S. i'm still pregnant. and i've used almost a whole bottle of furniture polish in a week.
my home looks like this each morning by 9am. thus another reason for the insane cleaning i do each night.
i asked him to massage me into labor. but i'm still pregnant so i think i over-tipped him.




No comments:
Post a Comment