My sweet boy.
I have loved you since the moment I saw that flickering heartbeat on an ultrasound screen so many years ago.
I can't believe that nearly six years have passed since you came into this world.
And now here we are...
Perhaps only days from meeting the little brother or sister we've been praying for...
that you've been praying for... for all these years.
I can't wait to see your face light up when you meet the newest little to enter our family.
You ask me daily how many more days until the baby arrives and beg constantly to be the first to hold our sweet baby boy or girl.
This waiting hasn't been hard on just your daddy and me.
It has been hard on you.
And even though I know you'll never have the playmate you've always wanted in a sibling,
you are getting such a sweet gift in being so much older than
you are getting such a sweet gift in being so much older than
whoever comes into our world in the next week or two.
A mentor. A protector. A confidant. A friend. A listening ear. A guiding light.
Your brother or sister will be so lucky to have you.
I have been praying that God would equip us... equip you... for whoever is growing in my belly.
There is a reason this baby took so long to come into our family, and I am positive it is because God has a special plan for him or her.
God has a special plan for this sweet little one... for you... for all of us.
And I am giddy with anticipation as we wait to see His great plan unfold.
I know the past few weeks have been hard.
We've struggled and butted heads and both showed our stubbornness on more than one occasion.
My parenting with you has been difficult as of late but it has truly been more my attitude than yours,
if we are being completely honest here.
Mommy has been emotional.
Mommy has been snappy.
To put it bluntly, mommy has been crazy-pants pyscho.
But you've been patient.
Rubbing my belly.
Patting my back when I'm crying.
Taking good long naps and spending lots of time quietly playing
Legos and trains and magna tiles galore.
You don't understand now, but I am so appreciative of you, little one.
For your compassionate spirit and your tenderness with me even when I am a grouch.
For your quick forgiveness and kisses when I come to you and say, "I'm sorry."
For your warmth and love and genuinely good heart.
You are sunshine to me in so many ways.
God truly gave me a gift when He brought you into my life.
You are such a joy, my sweet boy.
And even though you've blossomed into such a big boy this summer, I'll never stop wanting to pull you into my lap and smother you with kisses and loves.
You are a gift.
A true glimmer of sunshine on my rainy days.
My greatest accomplishment.
And the best part of your daddy and me.
You are more wonderful than I could have ever hoped and dreamed.
And I am so terribly thankful for how you've challenged and taught me and shown me God's love in a way no one else in my life can.
I am so proud of you and so honored to be your mommy.
You make my heart overflow with joy.
I love you, darling big boy.








so sweet. my boys have been getting a crazy mama round these parts too so i understand completely. we are lucky to have such sweet understanding little boys. they are so completely forgiving it's convicting.
ReplyDelete