Friday, December 21, 2012

That time we spontaneously went to Disneyland...

A couple of weeks ago, Popeye got a text at 6:30 in the morning.  His good friend had some extra Disneyland tickets and wanted to know if we wanted them.  The good news is they were free!  The bad news was they expired that day.  Our season passes expired over a year ago and to say I was chomping at the bit to head down to the Happiest Place on Earth again is putting it mildly.  So I threw in a load of laundry so we'd actually all have pants to wear, made some sandwiches, let Daddy and Swee'Pea get their favorite pre-trip fast food breakfast (blech), and we were on our way!

We had an amazing day.  It was our first family trip without a stroller.  We ate churros and cinnamon rolls.  We rode a million rides.  We closed down the park and enjoyed the fireworks and snow.  It was the perfect spontaneous little trip for our little family.  

The bus to the park.  For some reason, one of Swee'Pea's favorite rides...

 First stop: Carsland!  More amazing than I could have imagined!  Swee'Pea loved the Tow Mater's spinning tractors.  And Radiator Springs Racers were amazing... even with the "mild" 75 minute wait we endured.
Bugsland.  Always a must.  
I'm not even ashamed to admit that my favorite food at Disneyland is the huge hand-dipped corn dog.  They are amazing.  Amazing.
Small World is so beautiful around the holidays!
This site totally made me tear up.  I love Walt.  And Mickey.  And everything about this magical place.
When we got the tickets we realized they were actually two-day park hoppers.  And that the second day had to be used within 13 days of the original usage.  So this week my mom and I headed back down south for another day of fun with Swee'Pea.  

FYI.  The weeks before and after Christmas are basically the time when the entire planet makes a mass exodus to Disneyland.  And I knew this.  I'd experienced it in years past.  But the addition of Carsland and the daily Candlelight services seriously have made it even more indescribably crowded.  So upon arrival we scrapped all plans of even attempting California Adventure until later that night and made our way to Disneyland for some fun.  No plan.  No agenda. Just following this little one around wherever he wanted.  
The Disneyland Rail Road.  Always a must-do!
Santa Claus in all his amazingness.
Churros.  We had to order three.  Because it is just too hard to share this cinnamoney goodness. 
Love. 
The cutest little mouse conductor I ever did see.

I'm so happy we got to experience Disneyland during the holidays.  And so thankful for friends that gift us things that allow us to spend quality time together as a family.  Christmas always feels more complete when we've spent a few days at the most magical place on Earth.

3 comments:

  1. um. so. please adopt me.
    this is the funnest ever.
    i love the spontaneity.
    norcal rules except for the whole can't go to disneyland on a whim thing.

    also. corndogs are my fav. that one looks like the kind they make at santa cruz. which is my favorite corn dog in all the land.

    i want to come with you next time.
    i'll even buy you a churro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those corn dogs. They are beyond yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stop being so gosh darn pretty.
    and your boy is getting toooooo BIG!
    he is so, so cute.

    merry christmas to you guys!
    glad you got to go to your happy place :) mine too! nothing like it at christmas, eh? XO

    ReplyDelete