Half-way done.
Wow.
Our first year of homeschooling is flying by.
In a flurry of worksheets and art projects and reading in our pajamas.
Field trips and hands-on learning and lots of giggles and fun along the way.
And I love it.
I love it so, so much.
I am so happy I have this opportunity... this privilege... to teach my little one.
And I will say it again.
I will say it until I'm blue in the face.
I know this isn't for everyone.
But I'm certain God has called us to do it.
It's right for our family.
It's right for our season.
It's right for this little boy of mine.
And God has given me so much joy as I obediently follow His leading into home education.
*****
We have accomplished a lot these past few weeks.
Finishing our first K math workbook and moving quickly to the second.
Working on long vowel sounds and "bossy e's" and sight word after sight word.
Practicing our math facts and earning cookies for Math Minutes to Win Its.
Learning more about fall and lots about pumpkins.
Talking about fire safety and getting to cruise around town with a real fireman in style.
Watching the Presidential Debates and discussing our city, state, and country.
Looking ahead to what we get to learn in the coming days, weeks, and months.
Anticipating our next enrichment session when we get to learn all about farm animals and cooking.
Enjoying.
Simply enjoying.
And remembering what a gift this time together is.

Wow.
Our first year of homeschooling is flying by.
In a flurry of worksheets and art projects and reading in our pajamas.
Field trips and hands-on learning and lots of giggles and fun along the way.
And I love it.
I love it so, so much.
I am so happy I have this opportunity... this privilege... to teach my little one.
And I will say it again.
I will say it until I'm blue in the face.
I know this isn't for everyone.
But I'm certain God has called us to do it.
It's right for our family.
It's right for our season.
It's right for this little boy of mine.
And God has given me so much joy as I obediently follow His leading into home education.
*****
We have accomplished a lot these past few weeks.
Finishing our first K math workbook and moving quickly to the second.
Working on long vowel sounds and "bossy e's" and sight word after sight word.
Practicing our math facts and earning cookies for Math Minutes to Win Its.
Learning more about fall and lots about pumpkins.
Talking about fire safety and getting to cruise around town with a real fireman in style.
Watching the Presidential Debates and discussing our city, state, and country.
Looking ahead to what we get to learn in the coming days, weeks, and months.
Anticipating our next enrichment session when we get to learn all about farm animals and cooking.
Enjoying.
Simply enjoying.
And remembering what a gift this time together is.















No comments:
Post a Comment