I am officially done with my summer break and headed back to work next week.
Boo.
Praise the Lord I am working part-time again next year (holla!) so this next week will be my only full week of work before I'm back to my 2-on/3-off, 3-on/2-off sched. My heart is already longing for October when the first 6-weeks of work are through and my kids (and myself) are on a good schedule and working in a rhythem. Ahhh, how I dread Stresstember.
We've been thuroughly enjoying the past few weeks. With random days of nothingness and a whole lotta fun inbetween.
Summer has been good to us. Very, very good to us.
 |
| I'm going to miss hanging out with this sweet face all day long!!! |
 |
| We took a quick getaway to the Central Coast to see a concert and play in the sand. It was so good for my soul hanging out with these two. |
 |
| Sand Robot. |
 |
| A selfie to prove that yes, I actually DO go on vacation with my family... |
 |
| Quesadillas. Every night. Because I fell off the cooking band wagon. Housewife fail. |
 |
| I have enjoyed following Matt Kemp on the good 'ol IG immensly. I have not, however, enjoyed his v-necks. I will forgive him for this if he continues hitting home runs. |
 |
| Working for my mom... filing, filing, and more filing. |
 |
| Back-to-school shopping. Because yes, we are homeschooling. But no, contrary to popular belief, we do not just sit around in our jammies all day. Well, at least not every day... |
 |
| And how could I deny him this sweet backpack?? Legos! Star Wars! Everything he loves in one plasticy bag of Walmarty goodness! |
 |
| Swee'Pea was so proud of these sweet folders he picked out. Ninjago for the win! |
 |
| Staying up waaaaay too late watching the Olympics. We love America. And Debbie Phelps. |
 |
| Saving, saving, saving. Because we love us some Mickey Mouse. And because every little penny counts! |
 |
| Spent the weekend in Cayucous with some of my dad's side of the family. Love seeing Swee'Pea connect with them. It may not be like back in the day when we camped with 5 trailers and 18 crazy people, but it was a good time none the less! |
 |
| We had a good time cheering for the Dodgers at the beach over the weekend. Especially since they swept the Giants. My uncle, a Giants fan, was staying in the room next to us. Swee'Pea liked to go next door and announce the score to him on a regular basis. Go Big Blue! |
 |
A nice little hammock swing. Don't mind if we do!
|
Dearest summer. You've been grand! See ya again next year!
It's not a Jansport from jc pennys, but it will do.
ReplyDelete:)
so happy to see you enjoying yourself to the fullest. but then again, you always live life to the fullest, so i can expect nothing else!!!
ReplyDeletemy boys would drool if they saw those ninjago folders. even twain is in on the action.
i thought you were sewing swee'pea a homeschooling jumper, lol.
This was a wonderful post until you mentioned the Dodgers. Boooooo. I so did not know I followed a dodgers fan. But the backpack is pretty awesome.
ReplyDeletewww.misguidedmommy.com