We took a week-long break from summer school and this blasted heat to head to my parents' little mountain house in Utah. We biked, rode horses, ate at local restaurants, zip-lined, fished, took in the scenic views, walked to the General Store for ice-cream and post cards, and fell asleep next to the roar of a crackling fire.
It was perfection.
I grew up going to the coast each summer in my grandparents' trailer. My top childhood memories all revolve around adventures at the beach and with my family. It makes my heart fill with so much happiness and joy to think that Swee'Pea will look back on these mountain retreats with his grandparents with just as much excitement and fondness.
Thank you, Papa and Grandma Turbo. We are literally counting down the days until we can head back up the mountain with you!
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




























So fun! I am so glad you guys had such a good time. And cute photos!
ReplyDeleteIs that lady named Dora? She looks exactly like one of my FB friends I met through blogging.
ReplyDeleteI just checked IT IS!!!! I had no idea that you guys were connected. I love her!
ReplyDeletei wish i were a dodger's fan so i could have a cute blue v-neck shirt.
ReplyDeletethe giants colors don't really go with my complexion. ha.
Looks absolutely beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteWe had a blast and are thrilled that you and SweetPea could come with us. I had to go all the way to Brianhead to realize you were blogging again! Can't wait for our next trip and Shannon, I love you too! LOL
ReplyDelete