My sweet friend Katy has a fun little thing going on over on her blog where she shares some secret confessions. I figured I'd join in on the fun and share a few confessions of my own.

Photo courtesy of Katy
I watch "When Harry Met Sally" or "Sleepless in Seattle" every few days. By watch I mean it is on in the background while I clean or try to fall asleep. By every few days I mean pretty much every day. I adore Meg Ryan. We are MFEO.
I do the exact same routine in the shower every day. The exact. same. routine. I've had the same routine for years, and my shower is precisely 12 minutes long. If I have to do some extra, ahem, grooming, it may extend to 15 minutes. That only happens once in a blue moon when I'm planning on having a hot date with my man.
One of my favorite things to do is plan things. Reading reviews. Hopping on forums. One of the best parts of a trip to me is planning and drawing up itineraries. I have several detailed itineraries drawn up for trips we will probably never take. Some of them are even color coded based on times and locations of the cities we would be visiting. I realize I've just totally outed my nerdiness. But seriously, itineraries are the most fun thing ever.
I cry almost every time I hear a Phil Collins song. I don't know why. I just do.
When I was a kid my favorite games to play were cooking show, teacher, busy business woman, and briefcase. The basic rules of briefcase are to fill a leather briefcase with lots of "important papers" and walk around. Busy business woman include typing on an electric typewriter and adding up lots of numbers on an adding machine. Teacher and cooking show are self explainatory. Somewhere out there my parents have dozens of tapes of me filming myself cooking only God knows what. I may or may not have frequently attempted to use a British accent.
I love R&B and Rap music. Like, really love it. I know people complain about Lady Gaga. And Fergie's performance at the Super Bowl was less than stellar. But I love them people. I love rolling down the crank windows of my little stick-shift car down and blaring Akon as I cruise around with my Route 44 Sonic Happy Hour Diet Coke with lime slices during the summer. I love turning up Ice Cube when I'm sipping on red wine and curling my hair for a night out with my hot hubby. I know this makes me seem like a 16-year-old gangsta ready to hang out at the Valley Plaza. But I like it.
I think Modern Family may be the best show ever on television. It is hilarious. Sometimes in an this-is-too-close-to-home-and-a-bit-uncomfortable sort of hilarious. But hilarious just the same.
I am not a chocolate eater. I keep trying to be. But I just don't understand what tastes so great about it. Now ice cream, there is a dessert I understand. I love ice cream. Love it. I buy it at least twice a week at local ice cream establishments. On top of the half gallon I already buy weekly at WinCo. I buy so much that I know by heart how much a container of Tillamook Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream should cost ($3.76) and I was greatly disturbed when one week the price sky-rocketed up ($4.23). I was disgusted. I was disgruntled. But I bought it anyway.
What about you? What are your confessions? Cough 'em up. You know you wanna.




What would you do if your son was at home?
ReplyDeleteCrying all alone on the bedroom floor
Cause he's hungry
And the only way to feed him is sleep with a man for a little bit of money
yes. this is what immediately came to mind.
phil collins gets me every. single. time. and WHY, WHY must he played at the grocery store or at target or all public places for that matter...
ReplyDeleteI had to google MFEO...wow I'm lame
ReplyDelete...'cause his daddy's gone
ReplyDeletesomewhere smokin' rock now
in and out of lock down
I ain't got a job now
so for you this is just a good time
but for me this is what I call life.
Oh man. Good times.
And yeah, Modern Fam? I wan't aware that my mother-in-law was making a guest appearance as Mitch and Claire's mom. Some moments of that episode a few weeks back were a little too familiar to even laugh.
ReplyDeleteHi there! Thanks for popping by blog & for leaving your sweet comment. I so appreciated your encouragement & sweet words! Nice to have "met" you in the blogging world! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT. So going to "fess up".
ReplyDelete