We ran out of clothes.
Someone needed an emergency root canal.
And a little mister-mister refused to sleep ANYWHERE but tucked right in between mommy and daddy.
But we played on the beach.
Took lots of bike rides.
Snacked on yummy camping snacks.
And ate at all our favorite places.
(sometimes twice.)
All in all it was a memorable first camping experience as a little family of three. And even with all the chaos and crying and frustration and ridiculous circumstances, I couldn't have planned a more perfect getaway with the two boys I love most in this world.





















So fun! I am so glad you guys were able to go. Did you happen to catch the ranger program? I hope so :) One thing, why is your son drinking a can of soup?
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! What a great way to get away...that's my kind of camping! Did you go hiking with yellow stripped backpacks and defeat the dreaded red feathers?
ReplyDeleteLove his little sunglasses!!
ReplyDeleteToni I was wondering the exact thing about the soup.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys got to spend time there and start building family traditions for your own little family. Of course next time WITHOUT the root canal just for a change in the overall experience.
LOVE the photos of our little man who is growing up SO fast! Where are the photos of mommy though? :o(
An emergency root canal? Yikes! Sounds wild!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photos of Sweet pea in his sunglasses. Such a little Popeye.
And how awesome to camp with a trailer! I could totally go for that kind of thing in my fussy old age:)
ugh. camping. :) you make it look WAY more fun! ha. such sweet pics. xo.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, You make me miss camping....almost. :)
ReplyDeleteWe still haven't taken our boys camping yet. It's on our someday list. I'm not much of a camper. I can't believe someone needed an emergency root canal! That sounds awful. And expensive! Your pictures are adorable though!
ReplyDeleteSam is so cute in these pictures. Can you take more?
ReplyDeletelove ELLA