Monday, June 28, 2010

A day on the farm...

I've been loving the long summer days I have at home with Swee'Pea... and the fact that Popeye has a few days during the week at home with us as well. We've been taking advantage of our time together to do all the crazy awesome stuff we don't get to enjoy during the busy school year. Like sleeping in past 5:30 am. Watching The Today Show. And showering at noon.

Last week while the weather was still delightful (before the Earth decided to open up and unleash its fiery hot furnace of death upon us), we headed down the 58 to Murray Family Farms for some fruit pickin'. We loaded Swee'Pea up in the wagon, headed down the rows and rows of berry vines and fruit trees, and picked fruit all morning long.

The best part about the whole day was seeing how much Swee'Pea loved picking and eating the fruit right off the tree. To see my son who doesn't willingly touch anything not made of bread or milk gobble fruit after piece of fruit right off the branches made me giddy. And over a week later he is still obsessing over Pluots and Plums like they are candy (forget that he calls them apples. If it is "apples" he wants... it is "apples" he'll get!).

IMG_2510

Playing in the corn... he would have stayed here all day had we let him!

IMG_2515

Picking blueberries... Mommy's favorite!

IMG_2535

Strolling along in the wagon, enjoying fruit fresh from the vine.

IMG_2546

Mmmmmm. Fruit.

IMG_2581

We.

IMG_2587

Love.

IMG_2590

Pluots!

IMG_2553

Sweet baby boy all covered in fruit juice.

IMG_2612

Just some of our bounty.

IMG_2625

Petting zoo... feeding the goats.

IMG_2631

Sweet baby animals.

IMG_2604

The perfect end to the perfect day.




10 comments:

  1. Oh that baby goat has grown so much! I was there about a month ago and it was teensy tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the new blog design too. Also, our plum tree is going to be overflowing in the next month or so, now I know who to share with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that just made my mouth water like crazy!!! I am so jealous! Sweat Pea' looked like he was having a blast :) I am so glad you are able to enjoy your summer! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Pea is such a cutie. Seriously. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i understand the giddiness upon seeing your child eat something good. you should see me hootin' and hollerin' when the boys eat all of their green beans and broccoli before dinner. does my heart good:)

    glad you are enjoying these precious days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I've been wanting to go there forever and haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo of you and Swee' Pea picking Berries. It would look really nice hanging on my wall. Yes. That is a hint. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, this day looks so fun and yummy!! What a cute place, I want to come visit and take my boys there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious! Now I really REALLY want to go! I am so glad you are enjoying your time off friend! I am just LOVING seeing you more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to visit Murray Family Farms! and reading this lovely post of yours makes me want to even more.

    Swee'Pea is growing up. Such a handsome and charming boy!

    ReplyDelete