Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas from our house to yours...

2009cardfrontblog

xmascardbackblog

I love, love, love our card this year. It is so... well... US! So what if our child was screaming and ripping his outfit to shreds throughout the photo shoot. So what if my hair was a disaster, I forgot my lipstick and necklace, and my husband smiled in absolutely ZERO of the pictures. The pictures were hilarious, the photo shoot a blast, and all in all a card that I think I'll look back on years from now and have a grand chuckle.

And for those of you who STILL DON'T GET OUR CARD (shocking to me though it is...) take a gander at the clips I've posted below. Or join the rest of us in watching the annual TBS "A Christmas Story" 24-Hour-Marathon starting Christmas Eve. It will be the BEST two hours of your life, I guarantee it.



And because You Tube is being more like POOP TUBE right now, I was unable to find an embedded version of Ralphie's dad receiving the "Major Award." So just click on this link and take a gander of it over on You Tube's site.

13 comments:

  1. lol love it!!! our family loves a Christmas story. we have it on dvd and watch it often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! I love it! Love your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! That is the best card ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg. you just earned so many friend points with me. bwaHAAAA!! hilarious. i think i just fell in love with you all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. said it before, will say it again.....funniest card on the planet! i don't think anyone will ever be able to top that one!!!

    and agreed. the dress is so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! As I said before the card deserves to be framed to be seen every year.

    I also think it's funny trying to explain the concept to those poor souls that have never seen the movie.

    Ho Ho Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really really really cute!!!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card was by far our favorite! It's perfect and I thought you had planned for Popeye not to smile - it seemed to fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true! SO you guys! SO funny! Still dying and showing it to EVERYONE that comes into my home! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. So if you can even beleive this...I had NEVER seen A Christmas Story until last Thursday night! And it was HILARIOUS!!! Your cards are completely darling...and your dress is TODIEFOR!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg omg omg this is way way way way to hilarious

    ahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is hilarious! You are super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best. Card. Ever!

    I'm not gonna lie; I might just have to steal this idea someday. You know, when I have a kid to dress up in an embarrassing costume.

    ReplyDelete