Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow day...



After our plans for a fun Monday at Disneyland were thwarted by the closure of I-5 over the Grapevine, Popeye spontaneously decided to take Swee'Pea and me to the snow.  It was a blast, although Swee'Pea was less than sure that he liked the fluffy white stuff.  The way home was a bit troublesome as we were stuck on the freeway for a good hour and a half as we waited for an accident to clear... but we filled the time with Famous Amos cookies, picture taking, and games and Ludicrous music videos on the iPod.

It was the perfect unplanned day.  I can't wait to do it again.

8 comments:

  1. How fun! I get so stressed when my plans don't work out ... but usually if I can just relax something better happens! I love days like that =) We went to the beach on monday and there was a major rain storm! But shopping at the outlets was more fun anyways! Hope to talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! This year just prepared Swee Pea for lots of snow playing next year. I'm sure a year from now he'll be making snowballs and having a blast in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what a fun video. what did you use to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, cute video! john wanted to take the boys to the snow monday.hm wonder what happened. guess we forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute snow pics!!

    And thank you, I've been self teaching for the most part. It's is the satin blanket binding. I pinned the pleats/ ruffles in before I sewed it. I learn what to or not to do with every blanket. I've decided to make my own bedding from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I'm so jealous, all those beautiful snow covered mountains are just DYING for us to go explore....maybe next year.

    such a cute video sister! and GREAT pictures=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun fun fun!! micah wasn't so much a fan of the snow, either. he liked it from my arms, but absolutely did not like sitting in the cold wet stuff! course, he's going to have to get used to it seeing as how we live in it!! ugh. cute video

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job making the best of a bummer situation! You turned a potential disappointment into a super fun first! Do you have a program on your computer that you used to make the video?

    ReplyDelete