Friday, January 9, 2009

Splashes...

In our house, tubby time has become a rarity in the past few months...
  
Quite frankly, we've found it much easier to throw Swee'Pea into the shower with us each day rather than fill up the bathtub and bathe him separately...

He loves his showers... and even when the shower was meant to be for one, he bangs on the door until he is invited in to splash and laugh and play with all the fancy shampoo and body wash bottles...

But on some nights, when the peace of a quiet shower alone just sounds too divine to resist, we announce that it is tubby time and Swee'Pea races joyfully to the bathroom, attempting to strip off his clothes as he runs toward the tub...

And although mama usually ends up just as wet as the sweet babe does when he has had enough and announces he is finished, tubby time is something that is so sweet and joyful to me.  There is something so adorable about watching my wee one giggling and playing away in the tub, and I know all too soon these days will end.  So I try to remember, even on the most hectic and crazy of days, that sometimes there just needs to be time... time for precious tubby time.  


12 comments:

  1. Yes, showers are the staple in this house too. Baths are just so much work! The funny thing is my girls think baths are a huge treat but they are so foreign to Grady that he doesn't even like them!

    Swee Pea looks so old in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do make sure you don't drop a wriggly, slippery babe?? I'm too afraid to try the shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this post a lot.
    ive never tried the shower with our little one- i think i will-sounds a lot easier for those harder days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally... we used to hold Sam in the shower, but now I just put the stopper in and let him sit on the floor of the shower and play. It doesn't fill up a ton and he loves sitting on the floor of the tub and playing with his shampoo bottle and stuff. I soap him up when I am done showering, then pick him up at the last minute and rinse him off. He is so used to the shower head sprinkling on him that it doesn't bother him to have his head under the water. He LOVES showers... it is seriously maybe once a week that he gets a tubby just because it is so convenient to do it the other way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are so sweet! I love bathtime pics! We used to use the shower alot when my kids were babes but for some reason now they are terrified of it! Add to that the fact that the eldest has decided she needs to take a bath by herself now. Oy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So precious. I love the giggle and joyful splashing of bathtime, too. Today was not supposed to be bath day. Poor Little Buddy would love a bath every morning and every night, but he is really only supposed to have a bath every other night because of his exema, according to the doctor. So, he was super happy that he his diaper exploded this morning and he got to have a bath on a non-bath day. I appreciate your reminder to take in every giggle and every excited splash. All too soon those moments will be a distant memory and they will be horrified to have us standing in the bathroom when they are bathing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Sara, he does look old! Especially the one where he's so confidently climbing out of the tub. Very cute though, his facial expressions as always are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as Jilly can sit up on her own I can't wait to try the shower thing. Baths are such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable pictures!! Bath time is probably my favorite time of the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, how cute! I tried the shower thing with my oldest when he was about Swee'Pea's age. I plugged the bathtub up and he played while I showered and had a lot of fun. It was great until I found a floater in there with us. I never did it again, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha... cute! He looks sooooo old in these pics! Like a little boy... not a baby. Toooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete